Notices

wideband AFR

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2008, 08:34 AM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wideband AFR

Does anyone have any links to details of how to fit a wideband afr to a 03 WRX, I understand that some use a volkswagon sensor, but I am totally confused as to where to fit it and how to wire it up, I have been looking at the LC-1 and it states it can work narrow or wideband so as to keep ecu happy with readings and give an output to Gauge, I just need to do a little reading and understand what I am doing before I think about investing in any equipment.

Thanks
Old 26 June 2008, 11:56 AM
AL99
Scooby Regular

the LC-1 Innovate system is excellent and I use this on my99 wagon.

Its very simpe to install, replace the stock narrow band sensor with the Bosch LSU wideband ( fits straight in ).

The LC1 has two analog outputs along with a digital output to connect to other equipment (eg XD-1 gauge ). Both outputs are programmable, one being a simulated narrow band output ( connect this wire to your ECU stock narrow band input) and the other is a programmable wideband output.

you can choose to view AFR's on either XD-16 digital gauge ( via serial link ),
a DB analog gauge ( just sold mine ) which connects to the wideband analog out ( no digital ) or view the readings on the laptop using logworks software.
they be other analog gauges you can use too connected to the analog out 2.

It all works a treat on mine with dataloggit + apexi power fc and ive just finished mapping in a blouch 20g turbo.

I could place to start reading would be the manuals which are available to download from the innovate website. have a read of the LC1 manual that explains a lot in there.

If you need any help just pm me and i'll see what i can do.

Old 26 June 2008, 09:32 PM
daz1968
Scooby Regular

thanks for that, but do you wire the simulated narrow band into the std plug under the bonnet so the ecu works all as normal or do you have to splice the loom near the ecu, and is the LC1 ok for permanent installation with the under bonnet heat etc. this does sound like the best option as I think this works with enginuity software so can check actual afr against mapped afr when logging ecu. I presume this will mean if I fit a decat up pipe and sports cat down pipe I can check everything out.

Thanks for info
Old 27 June 2008, 06:21 AM
Mocom Racing
Former Sponsor

Default Innovate LC-1 wideband

You can replace the stock sensor although if your using enginuity then you must be refering to a newage car running an OEM wideband sensor. I'd suggest fitting the Bosch sensor supplied with the LC-1 into the downpipe just after the turbo if your planning on running a sports cat, get the supplied boss welded onto the pipe prior to fitting.

LC-1 kits are £145 including vat and delivery