2008 STI DCCD Settings

Search this Thread

Old 20 April 2008, 12:32 PM
Kev2008STI
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2008 STI DCCD Settings

Hello all,

I recently purchased my first performance car, in the form of a 2008 STI. I have done about 1400 miles now and am loving every minute of it, although am taking my time to understand the dynamics and characteristics of the car before pushing it too hard!

I don't know if this is normal, but my car came with literally no instructions for the DCCD system. I was wondering if somebody could give me an idiots guide to what the different Auto settings and Manual settings mean in real terms for F/R drive split, handling characterists etc, and what conditions / driving style each is ideally suited to.

Apologies if this has been covered before, but I could not find a detailed explaination when I searched.

Many thanks in advance.

Kev
Old 20 April 2008, 02:01 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Have a read of this

https://www.scoobynet.com/drivetrain...anslation.html

Its aimed at the classic shape dccd which is manual only. The auto part of yours uses steering agle sensors, G - sensors and throttle position the work out what to do with the centre diff under all conditions.

Wayne.
Old 21 April 2008, 01:34 PM
Kev2008STI
Scooby Newbie

Thanks; so in terms of the 2008 STI system, am I right in saying that full back is essentially 'Diff Free (Green)' and fully forward is 'Diff Lock (Orange)' in the desciption.

It is shame that they didn't think to put something in the manual! It also explains it better than the Subaru dealer, who said 'fully back is mostly rear wheel drive and fully front is mostly front wheel drive'

Think i'll stick to the auto settings for the time being ...

Kev
Old 21 April 2008, 03:57 PM
Welloilbeefhooked
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Kev2008STI
Thanks; so in terms of the 2008 STI system, am I right in saying that full back is essentially 'Diff Free (Green)' and fully forward is 'Diff Lock (Orange)' in the desciption.

Kev
Yes, its should be. Thats as long as its in manual mode.