Which dump valve

Search this Thread

Old 18 April 2008, 04:38 PM
Taff with PPP
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which dump valve

Hello out there,
i've owned my Scooby now for about a year and i love it. A sti 54 plate TYPE UK with the ppp in black and i am looking to start to modify here a bit more in the engine dept.Anybody got any reccomendations of which way to go with this, i am also going to purchase a dump valve and Exhaust ( Currently Prodrive) within the next two weeks but there are so many variations any advice on which way to go would be appreciated.
Old 19 April 2008, 10:50 AM
BlooSooby
Scooby Regular

I wouldn't bother mate, I've had 2 different BOV's on my 01 Bugeye and I recently put the OE unit back on. The bov will do naff-all for your performance but you will have a nice whooshy sound when closing the throttle as well as annoying exhaust pops due to the resultant over-fueling. Either spend your money on something sensible or buy my Turbo Systems BOV or GFB Hybrid BOV off me 'cause I ain't planning to stick either back on :-)
Old 19 April 2008, 10:55 AM
BlooSooby
Scooby Regular

Also, I wouldn't change the exhaust unless you plan on remapping your ECU, you could end up with your ECU overfuelling to protect your motor and losing performance as well as using too much juice. I went through all this with my WRX because the previous female owner has fitted a bov and a 3" cat-back exhaust, the car was dreadful until I had it remapped. Now it's lurrrvelly ;-)
Old 19 April 2008, 12:12 PM
Skooby53
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by BlooSooby
Also, I wouldn't change the exhaust unless you plan on remapping your ECU, you could end up with your ECU overfuelling to protect your motor and losing performance as well as using too much juice. I went through all this with my WRX because the previous female owner has fitted a bov and a 3" cat-back exhaust, the car was dreadful until I had it remapped. Now it's lurrrvelly ;-)
I would agree. Don't waste your money on a bov, you will regret it not to mention get fed up with the noise. The exhaust is a good idea, go for a 3" if you plan more mods in the future. As above though, get the exhaust fitted then have a remap and the difference will be amazing.