Notices

NEW MEMBER NEEDS HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 05 April 2008, 09:13 PM
turbo200
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default NEW MEMBER NEEDS HELP!

Hello, im looking to buy an imprezza turbo, i have around 4500 grand to spend and would like to know what is available, seems to be a few around this sort of price. Dont really know to much about the car itself only what i have heard through the trade( im a mechanic), just wanted some advise form the people in the know on what is available what to look out for and common problems and what to avoid! have heard of a few big end failures so would like some info if its possible thanks and your advise is much appreciated!
Old 05 April 2008, 09:28 PM
corradoboy
Scooby Regular

You could do considerably worse than THIS CAR. Scott is a mate and the love, care, attention and money he's lavished to make this car special and keep it that way go beyond common sense and into the realms of passion

Direct link to PH ad
Old 06 April 2008, 02:53 PM
turbo200
Scooby Newbie

thanks for the reply but im not really after an estate.
Old 06 April 2008, 03:15 PM
N602 WRX
Scooby Regular

If the car is well maintained and you let it the oil heat up before thrashing it the big ends arn't an issue really.

Most big end failiers ive heard of have been a result of det or poor servicing.

I'd go for a sti if i were you.

Engine wise try and get one as standard as you can, unless it has been mapped for the mods it has by someone reputable..

Brake and chassis mods are always a bonus.
Old 06 April 2008, 03:26 PM
rbaz
Scooby Regular

With £4500 I would be looking for a good Classic STI at least a V3 (face lift model) much higher spec than a WRX and way higher than a UK car.
Bottom end problems appear to be down to badly tuned cars without remaps or people running them on 95ron fuel.
If you are a mechanic I would uses your head when looking, find a fairly standard one at good money then if it does go bang you can rebuild it yourself without loosing silly money on the car.
That’s what I did