Notices

Help with EJ20 Intake

Search this Thread

Old 01 April 2008, 03:17 AM
raheezy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with EJ20 Intake

lol please dont laugh at me, im a newbie and im working on a NA EJ20. i have done minor mods to the intake and exhaust.

on the intake there is a box after the throttle body and then after that the AFM and then the airbox. could anyone tell me what the box just after the throttle body does? i tried searching online but i cant seem to find stuff on it.

and i have also just used little breather filters instead of running air hoses from my intake pipe. is this the right thing to do? because i was reading another forum and it had something on how it supplies air to the crank case by using the pressure in the intake pipe or something.

could someone please help me out here

thanks

Last edited by raheezy; 01 April 2008 at 05:16 AM. Reason: got some more information
Old 01 April 2008, 01:26 PM
dunx
Scooby Senior

Crankcase is presurised and vents a manky oily vapour into your inlet !
This fills the inlet with "cack" and reduces the octane rating of your fuel, but saves a tree somewhere....
A picture is worth a thousand words...

LOL

DunxC
Old 02 April 2008, 12:36 AM
raheezy
Scooby Newbie

lol truuu. so umm just making sure here. the crankcase will still be getting proper ventilation with just a breather filter on it?

i also heard it kinda exchanges air from the intake pipe which is heated or something so it stops corrosion. im not sure if thats true but i can remember hearing it from somewhere.

i really like the idea of a clean intake. before when i used to pull apart my intake i always found thin oilly liquid in it but since ive been using the breather filters its dry.

the thing that confuses me is, if it was so simple to just put on breather filters and go, why could people use oil catch cans. WHICH MEANS IVE PROBABLY DONE SOMETHING WRONG!! and thats not good lol could you please help me out on this.