Notices

URGENT HELP please guys!!!

Search this Thread

Old 21 March 2008, 03:48 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation URGENT HELP please guys!!!

Hey guys, if anybody's on here at the mo, please have a look at these pics & if you can tell me what the bit with the arrow pointing to it is, and where is it meant to be??.......

This is possibly a better angle of it.......

Basically my turbo heat shield is rattling, and I thought I'd take it off to see if it's cracked or anything before I try and decide if it's knocking against something......and then I noticed this little thin (and really easy to bend) metal bracket thing sticking up. It's got a hole in the end, as if it's meant to be fixed to something? It was a lot closer to the edge of where the heat shield would have been, so I thought that might be what's rattling. I just bent it away slightly to take the picture.

I gotta be somewhere at 4, and currently the car is in a few bits lol, so if you guys can give me some advice before I have to put it back together, that would be awesome!! Thankyouu!
Old 21 March 2008, 04:39 PM
Forest Green
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't quite remember what it's for but i'm sure it goes in between the heat shield and the bracket on top of the turbo.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Forest Green; 21 March 2008 at 05:06 PM.
Old 21 March 2008, 05:07 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still can't figure it out.....and I've ****ed it now anyway cuz I've dropped one of the damn bolts down into the engine bay....and it ain't never gonna come outta the bottom cuz of that soddin undertray is it?! Bloody thing!!!

I wouldn't be as annoyed if it hadn't taken me nearly an hour to try and put 3 frikkin bolts back in lol! Is it actually possible without taking other bits of the car off?? Cuz I'd like to bet that I have probably the skinniest wrists of anyone on here.....and I can't bloody do it. I managed to get em out like....but can't get em back in for ****, cuz I can't see what I'm doin once my hand is down there like. I've cut my hand to pieces now and it's ****ing me off so I give up! And yes you've probably noticed it's gone 4:00pm and I'm still here!

Am I okay to run it without the heatshield for a bit? I'm gonna have to be cuz I'm about to take it off. Not that I can actually get the damn thing out from where it is!!!? I can't get it off the car....OR put it back on! It's just kinda...THERE.....stupid ****in thing lol
Old 21 March 2008, 05:13 PM
Forest Green
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've only taken the turbo heat shield off once, and even then i was assisting my brother! Could you not take the under tray off to get the bolt back? I know it's a bit of a hassle but at least you get the bolt back.