Notices

A quick FPR question.

Search this Thread

Old 20 February 2008, 01:36 AM
snowyEJ20
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question A quick FPR question.

Going to fit my FPR tomorrow and I just want to clear up a few things before I go at it:

Been looking around my fuel system in the engine bay and came to the conclusion that there appears to be 4 fuel lines near the filter on the passenger side strut tower. 2 run into the filter while the other 2 seem to run/come from under the inlet manifold and pass into the bulkhead with out entering the fuel filter. The filter has ''in'' and ''out'' stamped on the top beside where 2 lines enter/leave. Do I have to use these 2 lines to connect to my FPR. Using the stated ''in'' on 1 side of the FPR and the 2nd ''out'' on the bottom of the FPR as the fuel tank return? Or are these ''in'' ''out'' lines the fuel from the tank (in) getting filtered and then passing through (out) into the rails. Leaving the 2 that appear from under the manifold as the returns to the tank?

Any help would be

Last edited by snowyEJ20; 20 February 2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 20 February 2008, 01:46 PM
SSCJAY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

O.k the Filter is at the start of the fuel system, Fuel runs into it from the tank and then into the fuel rails, this doesn't need to be touched (Unless you are reversing the flow of fuel through the fuel rails to provide better fuelling to number 3 cylinder, check with your tuner if they prefer it this way)

The FPR is at the end of the RH fuel rail (or left as you at it from the front of the car) if you follow this back, this is the return back to tank (one of the lines which go to the baulkhead) the other pipe is a tank vent which should go to your Carbon canister.

Last edited by SSCJAY; 20 February 2008 at 01:48 PM.