Notices

spec of a 1995 sti 555

Old 29 December 2007, 11:10 AM
  #1  
telscooby1
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 122
Default spec of a 1995 sti 555

as above im looking to buy one, what does / dosnt it have.

276bhp engine - y/n
diffrent suspension - y/n
elec widows - y/n
a/c - y/n
central locking - y/n
what are the engine mdel codes

any other things you could tell me would realy help thanks.
telscooby1 is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 11:37 AM
  #2  
jonny gav
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
jonny gav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: North East Subaru Forum
Posts: 3,920
Default

276bhp engine - no 275ps
diffrent suspension - no
elec widows - yes
a/c - yes
central locking - yes
model code- GC8C4ED

Last edited by jonny gav; 29 December 2007 at 11:42 AM.
jonny gav is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 11:39 AM
  #3  
telscooby1
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by jonny gav View Post
276bhp engine - no 275ps
diffrent suspension - no
elec widows - yes
a/c - yes
central locking - yes
cherrs jonny do they have shorter gearing or weigh less ?
telscooby1 is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 11:41 AM
  #4  
eggy
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 364
Default

hi mate, if its a 95 sti 555, the model codes are(GC8C 4ED)AND YOU SHOULD HAVE 275bhp, the other things may be optional,as they are on the (RA)model
eggy is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 11:46 AM
  #5  
jonny gav
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
jonny gav's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: North East Subaru Forum
Posts: 3,920
Default

same gearing as sti and same weight too.
jonny gav is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 12:48 PM
  #6  
telscooby1
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by eggy View Post
hi mate, if its a 95 sti 555, the model codes are(GC8C 4ED)AND YOU SHOULD HAVE 275bhp, the other things may be optional,as they are on the (RA)model
i think it is a 555 ra
telscooby1 is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 12:48 PM
  #7  
telscooby1
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by jonny gav View Post
same gearing as sti and same weight too.

cheers jonny
telscooby1 is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 01:41 PM
  #8  
RAPID RABBIT
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ?
Posts: 591
Default

mine has a short ratio box,
roof vent,
alloy wishbones etc
i think its got quick rack aswell 1-1/4 turns each way?
RAPID RABBIT is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 01:44 PM
  #9  
telscooby1
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by RAPID RABBIT View Post
mine has a short ratio box,
roof vent,
alloy wishbones etc
i think its got quick rack aswell 1-1/4 turns each way?
cool cheers the one im looking at has the a roof vent too does that mean its a 555 r/a then?
telscooby1 is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 01:49 PM
  #10  
RAPID RABBIT
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: ?
Posts: 591
Default

They just called it a v2 sti 555 to cellibrate the 1995 win
53c paint
roof vent
alloy wishbones
close ratio box
quick rack optional?
closed deck block
blue print sti engine
electric window etc
do you have any plaques in yours saying the run number ie 112 of 1000?
RAPID RABBIT is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 03:33 PM
  #11  
Jap Import
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 779
Default

Yes mate, they are an RA, close ratio, quick rack, alloy bonnet etc
Jap Import is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 07:52 PM
  #12  
telscooby1
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by RAPID RABBIT View Post
They just called it a v2 sti 555 to cellibrate the 1995 win
53c paint
roof vent
alloy wishbones
close ratio box
quick rack optional?
closed deck block
blue print sti engine
electric window etc
do you have any plaques in yours saying the run number ie 112 of 1000?
not sure havnt brought it yet, where is it located inside the car?
telscooby1 is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 07:52 PM
  #13  
telscooby1
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by Jap Import View Post
Yes mate, they are an RA, close ratio, quick rack, alloy bonnet etc

cheers
telscooby1 is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 08:20 PM
  #14  
DazW
Scooby Regular
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 1,539
Default

The only 555 in '95 was an STi ...a Ltd Edition STi RA was also rolled out in '95 & came in the same 53C blue but was never officially labelled a '555' ...main difference is the RA comes with close/r ratio box & DCCD a plaque & boot badge & 'McRae' signature seats
DazW is offline  
Old 29 December 2007, 08:26 PM
  #15  
wrx_driver
Scooby Regular
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Home
Posts: 190
Default

This thread gives a decent account of the differences between the STi 555 & RA V-Limited

Is this an RA? - Type-RA.co.uk - Forum for Subaru Impreza WRX Type RA, WRX STi, Spec-C, S202, Type RA-R

Cheers
wrx_driver is offline  
Old 02 January 2008, 01:51 PM
  #16  
telscooby1
Scooby Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 122
Default

Originally Posted by DazW View Post
The only 555 in '95 was an STi ...a Ltd Edition STi RA was also rolled out in '95 & came in the same 53C blue but was never officially labelled a '555' ...main difference is the RA comes with close/r ratio box & DCCD a plaque & boot badge & 'McRae' signature seats
cool cheers
telscooby1 is offline  
Old 30 October 2016, 07:06 PM
  #17  
Badfinn
Scooby Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: London
Posts: 4
Default

My one has no plaque or badge on back. Does anyone no where I can find out what number mine is?????
Badfinn is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
[email protected] Developments
Car Parts For Sale
1
18 November 2015 07:49 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: spec of a 1995 sti 555


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.