power loss with 255l pump?

Search this Thread

Old 28 December 2007, 08:22 PM
andyxros
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default power loss with 255l pump?

hi all,
my first post for advise so, would my walbro 255l pump over fuel my car my00 uk because it dont seem to have top end poer no more and getting worse plus fuel is very poor 190 on tank when befor it would be around 270 ish prob more. getting full boost when it should do but never seam to get into 5th gear unless on motorway and not seeing much of 4th local driving. had pump on about 6 months and tbh it aint helped.

any advice cheers!
Old 28 December 2007, 09:30 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

try an ecu reset

might be something like the maf, which the reset would highlight.. ie. it would run worse after the ecu reset.. or it could well be the lambda sensor has failed, causing over fuelling.

The pump change can over power the standard reg but it is unlikely to cause a problem on boost in 5th.. so is the lambda tbh, although if the plugs were now fouled etc..

other reasons for over fuelling could be an air leak on the intercooler / vacuum lines.

Simon
Old 28 December 2007, 10:42 PM
Skooby53
Scooby Regular

Listen to JGM's advice if anyone can help you he can! Anyway I think 270+ miles on a full tank is pretty good going. I only have a panel filter and exhaust on my MY99 and I only get 200miles on a tank! I do like a blast tho Good Luck.
Old 29 December 2007, 12:24 PM
andyxros
Scooby Regular

cheers for replies.. did a reset 2 days ago so will see also changed lambda about 7 month ago it was new but not a subaru one might not always pay to go cheep lol..plus plugs changed at same time..anyway il leave pump on as it cured a flat spot it had at around 4200 rpm, then and just pay the £1 fuel tax per liter like everyone else has to...

cheers!!

oh and maf was changed 12 month ago plus i will cheak for any leaks too

Last edited by andyxros; 29 December 2007 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02 January 2008, 06:47 PM
andyxros
Scooby Regular

ive just had time to cheak my intercooler hoses.. took off cooler and found oil on the outside of jubalee clips looked freashish and damp but clips were tight also on the large hose onto throtle boddy in the joint was a pool of oil collected in the joint ridges question is is this a problem having oil in these parts???? p.s noiced this went rebuilt gear box a good few month ago cleaned it all off and forgot about it but its returned
Old 02 January 2008, 06:55 PM
johnnyroper
Scooby Regular

it is normal to get some oil in intake system due to the breathers any more than a bit of residue and you got problems though.
could always fit a catch can to breathers and that would cure the oil problem.
i had a cheap lambda fitted once did not last long but did not bring on cel just ran a bit rough and liked more juice than normal.
my advice would be stick to oe lambda.

have you checked maf has not got oil residue on it?
Old 02 January 2008, 07:06 PM
andyxros
Scooby Regular

not really cheaked maf yet the last time i did it broke cos i touched it so i got a new one cost a bit too so dont want to disturb it seamed all dry went cleaned and oiled filter other day though.. think il agree about lambda dont think it has run right with it seamed to do at first so might invest in a new one.. ive prob waisted more in fuel than a proper one would have cost in the long run.. oil must be ok cos not noticed any smoke but has run alot better since re fitting turbo heat sheild did think it did ewt