Notices

Juddering...

Search this Thread

Old 04 December 2007, 11:03 AM
mikecoutanche
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Juddering...

Im having problems when I pull slowly away. If i put my foot to the floor the car pulls nicely and hard right through the rev range but if i gently pull away and keep reves around the 3K mark when im driving along in for example third the car feels like its gently rocking forward and backwards slightly.

Could this be something simple or maybe just the way im driving?

The car has a cone air filter and wondered if it could be something to do with the breathing?
Old 04 December 2007, 05:10 PM
madisonmonkey
Scooby Senior

Sounds like clutch wear to me. Too many harsh standing starts can wear the clutch unevenly causing snatching as you come up to the biting point. Had this on my first scoob (way back in 1999) and managed to get it replaced under warranty I blame the previous owner
Old 05 December 2007, 09:06 AM
mikecoutanche
Scooby Regular

Madisonmonkey im not sure its that because its not when the clutch engages it tends to be as im cruising along at a constant speed running about 3K revs the car seems to gently rock forward and back.

Obviously moving that speed it don’t actually go backwards but its sort of feels like its running free then retards then free and then retards again.. Hard to explain but basically not smooth.