Notices

Magnex for newage wrx

Search this Thread

Old 19 November 2007, 01:33 PM
Mike Murphy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Magnex for newage wrx

Looking to get a remap and doing a full decat at the same time. I've got a fair amount of Halfords vouchers and they have access to Magnex. It's not a system I thought about as I've got a Ninja BB just now.

Does anyone have the Magnex??? I'm told either 6x4 oval or 5 inch slash pipe, I'm thinking about the 5 inch, does anyone have one, how loud are they, as I do 500 motorway miles a week and don't want to be deafened!!

Alternatively, would the Ninja fit to the Magnex system????

Cheers for your help

Mike
Old 20 November 2007, 02:05 PM
S500BE
Scooby Regular

hi mate i have the 5" magnex and was using a prodrive sports cat. As for noise it wasn't too bad the usual big bore drone not recommended the morning after a good night out, but there are a lot worse ones out there. Since then i have removed the cat and fitted a hayward scott down pipe and this has made the engine bay quieter and the exhaust note slightly louder and raspier...
good luck
Old 20 November 2007, 04:51 PM
c_maguire
Scooby Regular

When I bought my MY00 it was standard apart from a Scoobyworld Ninja backbox. At that time I was using the car for work and doing up to 1000 miles a week. I found the Ninja too noisy and thought having the funnel of a cruise ship hanging out the back looked a bit chavvy as well. I replaced it with the 6" oval Magnex and would say the sound is no longer intrusive inside the car (i.e. it's possible to hear the radio). Since then a bigger turbo, downpipe and centre section have made very little difference to the noise.
Get yourself down Halfords
Kevin