Notices

bumper/grille

Search this Thread

Old 08 January 2002, 05:43 PM
DIBBLE
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i am wanting to fit a my99 bumper and grille to my 97 1 have been told i wiil have to buy headlights and indicators to do this also someone said the bonnet is different is this true otherwise could someone advise....
Old 08 January 2002, 07:30 PM
rob oneill
Scooby Regular

If its an early 97 (model year 96) then you will need the later bonnet and headlights to get the grille to go on.
The bumper fits on all models using the same mounting holes so is not a problem.
You could fit one of these grilles without having to change your bonnet and lights. See www.mroscoobystyling.co.uk for details if interested.

Thanks, Rob.
Old 09 January 2002, 11:15 AM
DR Motorsport
BANNED

If your car is a MY97, your headlamps and bonnet will not need changed.
The '99-00 grilles are a straight swap over, but you do have to fiddle about with the bumper a little. The main bumper beam is fine, but there is also 2 side brackets - round near the wheels. And you have to remove some plastic from the inside of the '99 bumper for these to fit ok. Also under the bumper, you throw away part of the brake ducting - the newer bumper doesn't need it, and apart from new indicators, that's it. Fog / Driving lamps swap straight over.

David