Search this Thread

Old 19 September 2007, 06:08 PM
Jimmya85
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mapsensor and Blitz Question

Hi all

I have 2 questions.

1. I have bought a GM 3 bar mapsensor, and Im trying to fit this instead of the OEM. On the cable that leads to the mapsensor, there are 3 cabels with different colors:
Red,White,Green

And in the GM 3 bars mapsensor, it only says C,B,A on the holes where the three cabels shall come in. How do I fit it?

2. Does anyone have a nice guide for fitting a Blitz Dual boostcontroller, I have read the manual on blitz homepage, but its hard to understand

Cheers from Sweden
Old 19 September 2007, 09:41 PM
Slowboy Racing
Former Sponsor

Location: 10.68 QT mile in 2007 2.33 Type R ** Current 2002 Spec C 2.33 Track prepped.

A = Ground
B = Signal
C = 5v

What wires correspond to this depends on your year of car.
Old 19 September 2007, 11:08 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what ecu are you using?
Old 20 September 2007, 07:47 AM
Jimmya85
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by *Un-ink*
A = Ground
B = Signal
C = 5v

What wires correspond to this depends on your year of car.
Awesome! You rock!

Its a 1996
Old 20 September 2007, 07:48 AM
Jimmya85
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by Jolly Green Monster
what ecu are you using?
Hey m8.
Im using a Z5 ecu
Old 20 September 2007, 10:00 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

don't fit the 3bar map sensor to it.. why are you trying?

you would need the map altering to suit the new map sensor.

The Blitz will be controlling the boost once fitted.. the only issue will be fuel cut.. which is a reasonable safety point to stop at with the boost on the standard ecu anyway.
Old 20 September 2007, 10:36 AM
Jimmya85
Scooby Regular

don't fit the 3bar map sensor to it.. why are you trying?

you would need the map altering to suit the new map sensor.

The Blitz will be controlling the boost once fitted.. the only issue will be fuel cut.. which is a reasonable safety point to stop at with the boost on the standard ecu anyway.
hmm? The std mapsensor is only capable to 16 psi? And Im going for a remap with Apexi FC on saturday, thats way Im fitting all supported mods for boosting about 1.3 bar

Andy Forrest Performance:
"Full boost control is available within the ECU up to the limit of the cars OE map sensor. An additional sensor may be added for running higher boost pressures, this can be either an Apexi 3 bar map sensor or a 97 onwards map sensor ( MY93-96 require this map sensor upgrade to run above 1.1 bar boost controlled from the ECU, 97- cars " Thats why m8

Im I wrong?
Old 20 September 2007, 10:46 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

If you are using the Blitz to control the boost then you don't need to change the map sensor

If you want an overboost cut then you can fit a map sensor for just that and use the blitz to control the boost but the Apexi FC needs the boost control kit map sensor not the GM one..

Talk to Andy.

Simon
Old 20 September 2007, 12:05 PM
Jimmya85
Scooby Regular

If you are using the Blitz to control the boost then you don't need to change the map sensor

If you want an overboost cut then you can fit a map sensor for just that and use the blitz to control the boost but the Apexi FC needs the boost control kit map sensor not the GM one..

Talk to Andy.

Simon

But what does Andy mean on his homepage, it says: If you want boost over 1.1 bar you have to have apexi map sensor or 97 onward mapsensor.
I dont understand, Isnt the Power fc and blitz use the mapsensor at all? Please explain, is there a boostlimit at 1.1 bar if you dont have the Apexi boostkit?
Can I fit it anyway for replacing OEM sensor, seems like much money to not use it
Cant we turn up the boost on the remap now?
Im not using andy for the remap, just read on his homepage , Im doing the remap in Sweden, maybe at Andys next year
Thx for fast answer m8

Last edited by Jimmya85; 20 September 2007 at 12:09 PM.
Old 20 September 2007, 01:09 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

the standard map sensor if the powerfc is controlling the boost will only allow 1bar on the powerfc.. safe guard on the apexi.. you add the apexi boost control kit or just the map sensor from it to go higher on the boost with the powerfc IF the powerfc is controlling the boost, this is only from 92~96.. then on the OEM map sensor works fine.

You are fitting the Blitz boost controller therefore the boost will be controlled by this.. not the apexi powerfc.. the powerfc can still be used for a boost cut if you get overboost.. but not on the original sensor as it only reads to 1.23bar.. you could fit the gm 3bar but it is unlikely to match up with actual boost levels within the powerfc.. for example 0.8bar displayed maybe 1.3bar..
this can be catered for when mapping if the mapper is aware of this etc.
But all the boost control will be on the Blitz...

However if you wire that in now and try and run the z5 ecu it won't work.. you will get a CEL and the car will run like a dog as the calibration within the ecu is expecting the original map sensor.

Simon
Old 20 September 2007, 01:35 PM
Jimmya85
Scooby Regular

the standard map sensor if the powerfc is controlling the boost will only allow 1bar on the powerfc.. safe guard on the apexi.. you add the apexi boost control kit or just the map sensor from it to go higher on the boost with the powerfc IF the powerfc is controlling the boost, this is only from 92~96.. then on the OEM map sensor works fine.

You are fitting the Blitz boost controller therefore the boost will be controlled by this.. not the apexi powerfc.. the powerfc can still be used for a boost cut if you get overboost.. but not on the original sensor as it only reads to 1.23bar.. you could fit the gm 3bar but it is unlikely to match up with actual boost levels within the powerfc.. for example 0.8bar displayed maybe 1.3bar..
this can be catered for when mapping if the mapper is aware of this etc.
But all the boost control will be on the Blitz...

However if you wire that in now and try and run the z5 ecu it won't work.. you will get a CEL and the car will run like a dog as the calibration within the ecu is expecting the original map sensor.

Simon

aaahhhhaaaa
I think I understand now. So the original mapsensor, controlled by a Blitz controller can be set at any boostlimit I want. Its just that I cant manage the boost with the Apexi. Do I understand you right?
Thank you for the info, you made my day !
Old 20 September 2007, 01:42 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

yes
Old 20 September 2007, 01:52 PM
Jimmya85
Scooby Regular

yes

Thx again, I hope you have a great weekend Jolly.
Btw, have you/someone you know tried to boost over 1.2 bar with the Blitz Dual Spec S, or is it no idea? Some Blitz sites say 1.3 bar recomended, and some say 1.2 bar (Thinking of 1.35 bar)
Maybe its easy for the remap guy to see this, if the boost isnt holding right?

Cheeers
Old 20 September 2007, 02:19 PM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

the Blitz won't have a problem with it.. the rest of the car might, depending on the spec.. standard injectors, intercooler and maf being limiting points.

Simon
Old 20 September 2007, 02:57 PM
Jimmya85
Scooby Regular

the Blitz won't have a problem with it.. the rest of the car might, depending on the spec.. standard injectors, intercooler and maf being limiting points.

Simon

So even if Blitz say that the Spec S Dual solonoid is recomended to 1.1-1.2 bar, you can use it at 1.35 bar without any problem m8?

I have Phase 2 440cc injectors,FMIC, K/N induction, 2.5" full decat, Walbro 255 fuelpump, forge dumpvalve,Samco hoses,Excedy clutch. The only thing that is std is the maf that I can remember