Notices

bug eye FMIC!

Search this Thread

Old 15 August 2007, 09:33 PM
carbon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default bug eye FMIC!

ANyone fitted one and if so did you have to cut away that long bar across the front that is very thick and very errr serious looking.

Im having major difficulties doing mine! lol

any help would be much appreciated.

Seems the bumber needs some mild trimming too........ 4" or so!

ALL GOOD IN THE NAME OF PERFORMANCE!
Old 15 August 2007, 09:59 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

angle grinder works well on the bar The only part that is required to hold the bumper is the top curly bit.

I believe the bar is there mainly to protect the engine components at low speed shunts, but I may be wrong.

Edit: Angle grinder works well on the bumper also in my experience.
Old 16 August 2007, 12:06 AM
billyray911
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just had a turbo xs FMIC fitted to mine.Had it remapped with hardly any lag noticeable...Got given back,the front section where the FMIC fits.Dont think this was cut off-has just been unbolted.Little bit of trimming to the body work is all.Before you do the job,lack of space means you may have to fit an induction kit.Be careful what you fit coz once the MAF goes,doesn't clean like the type fitted to a classic.Depending on your mods,have both a HKS super powerflow induction kit and an Apexi kit for sale,as well as Bailey DV12 BOV in near future....
Old 16 August 2007, 12:56 PM
Henrik
Scooby Regular
Support Scoobynet!

Received 145 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by billyray911
Just had a turbo xs FMIC fitted to mine.Had it remapped with hardly any lag noticeable...Got given back,the front section where the FMIC fits.Dont think this was cut off-has just been unbolted.Little bit of trimming to the body work is all.Before you do the job,lack of space means you may have to fit an induction kit.Be careful what you fit coz once the MAF goes,doesn't clean like the type fitted to a classic.Depending on your mods,have both a HKS super powerflow induction kit and an Apexi kit for sale,as well as Bailey DV12 BOV in near future....
Have you got a classic, though? AFAIK the pace intercooler doesn't require any mods to the front end on a new-age, but that's because it sits where the radiator usually sits, and is supplied with a separate radiator (and costs 1000+ pounds). All others either require cutting of the standard bumper bar or have a replacement bar (e.g. APS) (I might be confusing makes here).

I personally went for the Apexi intake kit, but if it's any good or not I don't know. Bob R had to rescale the MAF and fiddle about with it for a while for it to measure correctly.
Old 17 August 2007, 11:39 AM
carbon
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

angle grinder is a good multipurpose tool!

Im surgical with it!