Notices

Umm.....there's a hole in it!!

Search this Thread

Old 09 August 2007, 03:14 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation Umm.....there's a hole in it!!

Had my Ninja sports cat downpipe fitted at Subaru on tuesday just gone.....and I'm a fussy bugger so when I started it up.....I was convinced it was blowing.....but I thought nah, might just be the fact that I'm not used to the noise yet. So anyway, it seemed to get quieter when it was warmer, and nearly dissapear (the blowing sound I mean). So thismorning then, I started it up and had a look underneath, cuz it's worse when it's cold. Straight away there was water collecting & dripping from what I thought was the join where it meets the centre section......but then I thought no hang on.....that isn't the join......it's the WELD!! I couldn't get any decent pics of it on the car cuz it's just too dark......but I had taken a few pics of it before I had it fitted so I went to look at them, and I think I've found the little bugger.......

I thought it looked like a stunning quality bit of kit when I had it! I guessed they kinda missed that bit. Surprising how much of a bloody annoying noise such a little blow can make! What do you think is my best way round this? Try and weld something over the hole? Or just slap some exhaust paste on there? Cuz that stuff is kinda temporary innit, and I don't really wanna be slappin that **** all over my beautiful shiny pipe lol, even if no bugger is ever gonna see it!

Acceleration sometimes seems weird at times.....but a little tiny blow like that couldn't affect it could it??
Old 09 August 2007, 03:32 PM
ClintUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Manufacturing defect if you ask me - have you tried getting another one?

Failing that a guy who can weld stainless should be able to sort it out for a fiver or tenner, depending where you live

It should last longer than the car so exhaust paste is best left alone as you say really.
Old 09 August 2007, 03:36 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ClintUK
Manufacturing defect if you ask me - have you tried getting another one?

Failing that a guy who can weld stainless should be able to sort it out for a fiver or tenner, depending where you live

It should last longer than the car so exhaust paste is best left alone as you say really.
It's fitted on the car now tho, so I'm not sure if I can be arsed with the hassle of trying to get a replacement sent to me, then fitted, then send the old one back....etc. But then I've got the hassle of fixing this one instead! I dunno really. Like I said, I'm a fussy bugger so just knowing that fault is there is gonna really annoy me. Maybe I'll see if I can find anyone to try and weld it. Could that be done on the car you reckon? It's the bottom edge luckily, so it's facing the ground like
Old 09 August 2007, 04:14 PM
wrx,sti
Scooby Regular

You mite have to take it off anyway to be repaired so I'd send for a new one
Old 09 August 2007, 04:18 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

GET YA **** IN GEAR, AND SEND IT BACK, TELLING THEM THAT IT IS FAULTY, AND YOU WANT A NEW ONE, ALONG WITH THE COSTS OF REFITTING THE NEW ONE
Old 09 August 2007, 07:31 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by wrxsti280
GET YA **** IN GEAR, AND SEND IT BACK, TELLING THEM THAT IT IS FAULTY, AND YOU WANT A NEW ONE, ALONG WITH THE COSTS OF REFITTING THE NEW ONE
Yes sir!!!! lol
Old 10 August 2007, 09:15 AM
ClintUK
Scooby Regular

If you can see the hole a welder worth his salt will fix it on the car, BUT if they are using Mig or Tig welding, your electrics will be at SEROIUS risk, suggest you only have it done on car with gas
Old 10 August 2007, 09:22 AM
olliecampbell
Scooby Regular

Yeah send it back, dont leave the little bits on the car otherwise it'll start to look tatty in the long run....keep on top of it....come on........
Old 15 August 2007, 06:26 PM
simonds1
Scooby Regular

Spoke to scoobyworld earlier and they are sending me a replacement downpipe before I send the old one back (so I can take the car to the garage and just do a straight swap over), and they're also gonna give me credit for however much it costs to fit

What can I say, everyone says the guys at scoobyworld are legends.....and I can 110% agree with that!