Notices

scooby owner again! problems already someone help PLEASE!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2007, 12:10 PM
tommowrx
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry scooby owner again! problems already someone help PLEASE!!!

hi there all been out of the scooby circuit for a while till the other week when the bug got me again so bought myself a weekend runaround
silver 95 wrx
with mods
fmic
550 injectors
apexi fc ecu
group s headers
full decat system
and a few other bits and pieces
now the bad part
was out the other day and noticed when i was coming off boost there seemed to be a chuff of smoke from under bonnet on drivers side and knocklink on apexi was showing some activity so playtime over and went home parked her up
came out next morning fired her up to have another look she idled fine until warmed up then revs dropped right off idled like **** and wont rev up you can get her to rev to 2000 rpm if you play with throttle but no matter what i do revs will not go no higher and smells like she is overfuelling to say the least and she is missing and popping like a bitch can anyone throw some light on the subject as its doing my head in any help would be much appreciated
Old 07 August 2007, 12:52 PM
stara
Scooby Regular

check all your pipework under the bonnet, may be something as simple as turbo hose come adrift giving no boost.
Old 07 August 2007, 01:32 PM
ClintUK
Scooby Regular

I had pipe from turbo to intercooler come off a couple of times when I changed it to get better flow.

Sounds very similar to your problem - although it never happened while cold and it was always a bag of 5hite when it happened.

Could even drive afterwards just about - but just wouldn't accelerate at all without chugging to death
Old 07 August 2007, 02:13 PM
tommowrx
Scooby Regular

i did find a broke pipe coming off the top of the throttle body that went to a small metal pipe under inlet manifold replaced that and checked other hoses she now just about starts idles all over the place hot or cold not even driveable try revving just pops and farts then cuts out
Old 07 August 2007, 04:11 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

the broke pipe sounds like it could be the fuel regulator which would explain your overfuelling. Just double check all pipework from the intake to the turbo to the throttle body, check all connections on the fmic as well.

Also you can get a similar effect if you have the commander. You can change the air intake option? (think this is in the etc menu cant remember will have a look later) If I am away on holiday I will change this setting on mine and will then remove the commander. The result on mine is a rough idle and it will not rev cleanly and above about 2k so if they get past the alarm and imboliser and other deterents then it will drive like a pig
Old 07 August 2007, 04:45 PM
tommowrx
Scooby Regular

thanks for info will go over all the pipework when i get home see what i can see and also if you could let me know about the commander as far as i know ive not changed any settings on it but you never know might be worth a look thanks again
Old 08 August 2007, 07:10 PM
tommowrx
Scooby Regular

right have sorted part of problem was down to apexi setting now is revving as it should but only to reveal a more serious problem is still idling lumpy and knocklink showing loads of activity removed oil filler and theres pressure there and chugging smoke out have i melted my piston or can there be a simpler problem any help would be appreciatted