Scooby Wont Start. Please help

Search this Thread

Old 06 August 2007, 08:14 AM
djquest
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Scooby Wont Start. Please help

Hi all,

i have 1994 JDM WRX. two days ago i came back home from my mates house with no problems. however the next day i came to my car to start it up and it would refuse to start. the starter motor kicks and the engine turns, but it just wont start.

i have also checked my car for error codes, the error codes i got where 24 and 45. i checked my boost solenoid and the idle control solenoid and it all looks ok. Plus these wouldnt cause my car not to start

i have checked all the fuses, however i did notice that i couldnt hear the fuel pump come on and i did hear the fuel pump relay come on. so i took out my rear seats and got to my fuel pump. i have changed the walbro pump with the standard fuel pump to see if it comes on. however still no luck. however i did notice that when i had the fuel pump just connected on its own. the pump did not start, this includes the walbro and the standard one.

i been considering two options so far:

1. buy a brand new fuel pump

2. change the fuel pump harness - also need to find out where i can get this from.

3. ?

Does anyone else know what else i can do or look out for? Please help.
Old 06 August 2007, 08:37 AM
Scooby Senior

check to see if you have power at the fuel pump connections and work back if you haven't. do you have and alarm/immobiliser? is the fuse ok? any loose plugs at the tank or in the footwelll fusebox?
Old 06 August 2007, 09:04 AM
djquest
Scooby Regular

i have gone through all the fuses in the footwell as i didnt know which one for the fuel pump coz everything was written in japanease. i havent found any loose plugs. however i havent checked for power at the fuel pump connecters.
Old 06 August 2007, 12:52 PM
spender
Scooby Regular

Check the connectors under the rear passenger seat (drivers side) - it's a common problem for them to cause problems like this.
Old 07 August 2007, 08:35 PM
djquest
Scooby Regular

thanks for all the help. it was the conencters under the passenger seat(drivers side) the power cable in the connecter had melted the plastic and caused it to have a dodgy connection. i have now fixed this. cheers for all the help.