Knocking at idle speed with V-Power

Search this Thread

Old 05 August 2007, 04:07 PM
GF8CL8D
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Knocking at idle speed with V-Power

Hi!

Problem description: when the engine reaches its normal working temperature, knocking irregularly appears at idle speed....the famous "tic tic"...the same one you hear when you start the engine after removing battery for a long time (knocking point test procedure done by the ecu). I'm sure it's a overheating problem but I've never had it before. To be honest, since I'm running with 100ron fuel (V-Power), I've this problem. Moreover when I remove the battery enough time to reset the ecu, I've never heard the automatically done knocking test.
The engine has been not modified at all. A standard dutch wrx MY95 running with the TD05H. Ecu has been recently changed for a 2C one (a 6D was originally built in the car). Neither with a 7K (sti ra 1996 ecu) nor the 6D nor the 2C, I've heard the knocking test when starting the engine with 100ron fuel.
I've a green air filter with a home-made cold air intake in the front bumper and a 255 walbro fitted since yesterday, the 2C ecu as well. Fuel filter has been recently changed and the air filter cleaned.
Could it come from V-Power fuel in a euro specs car? Maybe the combustion is too energetic for this engine, because it had worked with 98ron w/o a problem before...
Any suggestions to solve the problem are welcome :-)
Cheers at all
Cyrille