Notices

Another exhaust question (sorry)

Search this Thread

Old 27 June 2007, 08:46 PM
Biggs
Scooby Regular

Location: East Barnet/southgate on the borders of North London and Hertfordshire
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another exhaust question (sorry)

Hi... ive got a uk classic with a blitz nur spec r system fitted plus decat, at the moment its getting on my nerves abit as i drive 60 miles a day to work and back. The problem is when the bung is fitted theres a noticeable power drop but when it not fitted its too loud for an every day car... I absolutely love it at the weekend when im out having abit of a play but for the daily commute its a no no.

So basically i thinking of changeing it for another system but im not sure which to go for... i used to have a tsl group n system before the blitz and from what i remember that was a nice sounding system, but at the time i didnt really do much motorway driving so cant remember how bad it was in those conditions..

What im after is abit of advice from you guys on which system you think would best suit me bearing in mind that i do love the burble you get from the blitz at full chat,but hate the loud drone on motorway cruiseing and also i dont want to have to sacrifice performance by sticking silenceing bungs or such like down the end.

Thanks
Old 27 June 2007, 08:50 PM
phil_1773
Scooby Regular

prodrive system i have ppp and it sounds fantastic try and get hold of one or
get ppp
Old 28 June 2007, 08:27 PM
Biggs
Scooby Regular

Location: East Barnet/southgate on the borders of North London and Hertfordshire

Does anybody else have a view ??
Old 28 June 2007, 08:35 PM
MEV
Scooby Regular

I've got a standard STi MY05 and I tried a TSL Group N backbox and it was fine on the motorway but the rest of my system is standard. I think if you have decat or sports cats etc it will be louder.
The TSL didn't look right so i've now fitted an H&S "original scooby" backbox (Scoobysport) and it looks and sounds great - nice burble around town and I cant even hear it on the motorway !! But as I said the rest of my system is original so if you changed other bits it would be louder.