What should i do next?

Search this Thread

Old 26 June 2007, 01:04 AM
projectsubaru
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should i do next?

Hi all,
I currently have a ukmy95 running 290/290 hp/lbft the mods i have are listed below
gt spec headers and up pie unequal
full magex decatted system with the 6x4 oval box -how restrictive is this exhaust ?
Autobahn front mount with a stainless steel induction kit-powertec
walbro 255 fuel pump
scooby ecu remapped by scoobyclinic to the 290 figures running a maximum of 15.5psi and peak torque at 4800 is this about right or too high for this turbo? The car does seem to be really flat until 4k and then takes off !
standard tdo5 with the 90 degree entry

What do you think would be the next stage to upgrade as i am looking for around 350 hp what turbo do i need and also will i need a new ecu or will the scooby ecu boost more than 15.5psi? Also what would you recommend is the limit on stock 95 uk internals and stock gear box? I was thinking a td05 18g or a vf34 what wil the difference in spool up be? If i can't use the scooby ecu anymore what ecu should i go for?

Cheers
Phil
Old 26 June 2007, 11:19 AM
Mocom Racing
Former Sponsor

The standard boost control system combined with the large bore uppipe is what's slugging your spool, using a Dawes or AVCR will help, as would fitting a smaller diameter uppipe.

As regards to the limit of the early UK internals I'm running **23psi on a stock TD05 and MY94 UK internals and they seem to be holding up well enough - although I wouldn't say the same about the OE topmount

**Not recommended without careful set-up and monitoring
Old 26 June 2007, 01:07 PM
projectsubaru
Scooby Regular

I take it your running a aftermarket ecu and not a scooby type ecu as im sure they boost cut around 17psi ish. I wouldnt mind going down your option of 23psi as my car is only a special occasion/weekend blast car as i use a TT for everyday driving. Can you give me some more information on this spec of yours
Thanks
Phil
Old 27 June 2007, 08:02 AM
Mocom Racing
Former Sponsor

I am at present running an Apexi Power FC but will at some point re-install the factory ECU (combined with the ESL board enabling live mapping) to compare the two at this level.