STi Air Filter Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 14 June 2007, 01:20 PM
Panthro
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STi Air Filter Suggestions

Hi Guys

I was just wondering which performance air filter (induction kit) you would recommend for a PPP'd Bugeye STi? Theres so many makes Im unsure which to go for. Ive got a Miltek exhaust and sports cat on it if that helps. Im planning on getting it remapped too, so with the air filter,PPP and upgraded exhaust I would like to see around 330bhp. Is this reasonable? Cheers.
Old 14 June 2007, 02:42 PM
richiewong
Twatful

Standard airbox with a good panel filter will do that.

But if you insist on the IK route try the likes of K&N, Apexi with some ducting and shielding are recommended.
Old 14 June 2007, 02:55 PM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

Talk to your mapper regarding an induction kit and see what they recommend. Some people have good results with them, but whether its worth the hassle fitting and shielding etc for the power you are aiming at I don't know. A K&N or Green panel filter gives good results and is fine for your spec.
Old 15 June 2007, 11:49 AM
MikeWood
Scooby Regular

As there's no depression across a new OE filter there's nothing to be gained by changing it. The only thing you risk doing by fitting something else is causing the maf to misread as the airflow characterisation could be different. On a std car that may give you more power, with a PPP it's likely to give you det as the OE overfurelling has been seriously reduced.

Same goes for the exhaust to be honest, a PPP exhaust is straight through with a sports cat in the first place. The only issue for some people is that it's too quiet, maybe because it's actually legal.........

Mike
Old 15 June 2007, 01:28 PM
pippyrips
Scooby Regular

As mentioned above no need to change the filter to get to 330. My Jdm was running a comfortable 340 on the airbox. I did however change to an RCM kit with enlarged MAF pipe for the latest round of mods following advice from Bob Ralwe