Notices

Aerial amplifier

Search this Thread

Old 01 June 2007, 08:03 AM
gws73
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aerial amplifier

I have also posted this in the ICE section, but sometimes a faster response is found in here

I've put a Pioneer head unit in my car and now have no radio reception. After reading through some of the threads on here I realise I need to connect the remote (blue) wire from the stereo into the Subaru loom to give 12 volts to the aerial amplifier.

Can anyone tell me which wire in the loom I need to connect to please...?
Thanks
Old 01 June 2007, 11:42 AM
AndyMoody
Scooby Regular

It will just need a 12v feed when you turn the ignition on so the radio can be used. Otherwise if wired into a permanant feed it will be constantly on and drawing current = flat battery. Not sure you need to connect the blue lead from the stereo as this is usually for remote switch on of amps. I used an Autoleads adaptor and don't remember having to do anything different than just plug it in.
Old 01 June 2007, 12:11 PM
gws73
Scooby Regular

I presumed it was the aerial amp that needs the 12v. When the stereo is switched on the blue remote wire on a Pioneer Head Unit then supplies this 12v, so I presumed that this wire needs to be connected to the aerial amplifier power supply.

Or am I wrong then, and could my aerial amp be fooked?
Old 01 June 2007, 12:35 PM
Omeara_darragh
Scooby Newbie

I had this same problem with my car and I solved it just last night on my own car. Some lovely jap genius wired in a sat nav system with a massive ball of wires attached. I disconnected the sat nav and out in my lovely pioneer headunit but when I put it all back together I found I couldn't tune any radio stations. I had to take the whole lot out again and go through the whole loom. In the end I followed the aerial wire back to a box under the plate which goes over the ecu. After that it was just a matter of tracing the live wire back to the headunit and connecting it to the yellow wire (ignition live) going into the headunit and put the whole lot back together. Job done. But the best way to find the box is look for the aerial wire and trace it back to the box.