my98 sti import central locking

Search this Thread

Old 20 May 2007, 12:57 PM
youngstar
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my98 sti import central locking

hello all,
i have a question, i have the above car, the thing is i am struggling to figure out the central locking on the car,
i only seem to be able to lock and unlock the cars drivers door,
the others remain locked, i have removed the drivers door card and can pulse the motor to lock unlock, but this only controls the drivers door,
there is a black box under the dash that will lock all the other doors apart from the drivers door but this box will not unlock the doors?
has anyone come across this before?
how would i be able to fit remote central locking for the whole car to make it all work?
many thanks for any help
chris
Old 20 May 2007, 01:36 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

The small black box should be the door timer relay (central locking relay) this sends the signal to all the soleniods in the passenger doors to open & close. The dtr gets it signal from a switch in the main driver door.

Generally the driver door will need a motor added to operate its open & close function via remote fob (ie your alarm)

You will need to check if the switch is working in the drivers door, otherwise its your dtr that faulty. Checking the wiring will help to & fuses.

Ticky
Old 20 May 2007, 02:57 PM
youngstar
Scooby Regular

found the solution, i will use the locking relay to lock and unlock the 3 doors, and connect the drives to the single wire pulse, this works with negative pulse duration and will be fine!
i will connect up with single wire locking which floats between pos and neg to lock/unlock the car
its simple!
lol