Exhaust question...

Search this Thread

Old 28 March 2007, 07:00 PM
mwilliams
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust question...

Hi all,

The next purchase for my 51'reg WRX (altho they're out of stock for a couple of weeks) is a Scoobyworld ninja sports cat downpipe along with with a decat pipe to replace the second cat. (The car already has a cat back stainless system fitted, not a brand name I care to mention(!) but undoubtedly flows better than the standard and will do for now.....unless you have something better for sale..... )
Question is - how hard are they to fit?
I'm a hands on kinda bloke and until recent years always did my own servicing/brakes etc.

I've heard exhausts, particularly the front cat can be a bit of a b***ard - awkward and inaccessable. But if the experience of the Scoobynet masses is that they aren't too horrendous i'm willing to give it a go!

Alternatively if the general opinion is that it is indeed a horrible job, does anyone know a decent garage that would be willing to fit for sensible £££ in the North West Kent Area? (I'm in Higham, near Rochester).

Also, contemplating wether to decat the up pipe to the turbo but not sure what additional gains would be, are they worth the extra expense/aggro and would the car still be comfortably under the MOT emissions test with that one gone too. Opinions very welcome!

Cheers
Old 28 March 2007, 08:54 PM
mwilliams
Scooby Regular

Btt
Old 28 March 2007, 11:32 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

I asked Andy Forrest about the up-pipe - he thinks it's pretty restrictive and well worth decatting. According to a number of folk on here, the car will pass it's MOT with only the Ninja sportscat on.

Dunno about fitting it. I'm too lazy for that sort of stuff !

Andy Mc
Old 29 March 2007, 12:01 AM
mwilliams
Scooby Regular

andythejock01wrx I asked Andy Forrest about the up-pipe - he thinks it's pretty restrictive and well worth decatting. According to a number of folk on here, the car will pass it's MOT with only the Ninja sportscat on.

Dunno about fitting it. I'm too lazy for that sort of stuff !

Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it'd be rude not to do the up-pipe while i'm at it. As for the fitting - suspect I may be too lazy for it these days myself! Time to find a Subaru friendly local garage I guess.

Off the subject, work is taking me up to your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks -a short contract in Glenrothes. Love the scenery up there, driving over Forth bridge etc.

Cheers fella
Old 29 March 2007, 12:38 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by mwilliams
Thanks for the feedback. Sounds like it'd be rude not to do the up-pipe while i'm at it. As for the fitting - suspect I may be too lazy for it these days myself! Time to find a Subaru friendly local garage I guess.

Off the subject, work is taking me up to your neck of the woods in a couple of weeks -a short contract in Glenrothes. Love the scenery up there, driving over Forth bridge etc.

Cheers fella

You're welcome.

If you have half an hour to spare, drive up through the Borders along the A68 or A7 (but watch for the cameras !). Great scenery and very accessable. Or, when in Fife, drive from Cowdenbeath to Burntisland (a fun twisty road, with no cameras !!).

Andy
Old 29 March 2007, 09:12 PM
mwilliams
Scooby Regular

Old 29 March 2007, 11:12 PM
andythejock01wrx
Scooby Regular