AFR Problem..

Search this Thread

Old 26 March 2007, 06:40 PM
lightwave693
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AFR Problem..

Hello all

i have wired in my swoosh afr gauge to the lambda sensor in the downpipe. when fully warmed up, about 10mins of driving its starts dancing about as i have read on here that it will do bouncing from rich to lean when off boost.

problem is when i put my foot down a bit, it shoots straight up to lean, harder i push my foot down the further into the lean it goes.

The gauge reads from 10 up to 20 on the face, 20 being the leanest of the lean. If it is running and has been running that lean for any amount of time shouldnt things be melted?

when coming from the the motorway for example slowing down the gauge goes super rich, 10 on the gauge.

i understand that wiring to the narrowband isnt very accurate. im wondering have i wired the gauge backwards so its reads lean instead of rich?

what voltages should she showing for rich or lean on a voltmeter?

currently its wired as followed, Red ignition on+ White Igntion on+ Black to battery- and green to the black wire on the lambda, the other 2 wires are white so im pretty sure this is correct..

anyideas? lambda knackered?

i dont know anybody around me that had a wideband (swansea) thinking about pulling a plug out to see what colour it is.

cheers for any help

Rich

its a My 98 uk turbo wagon. decat downpipe and dawes set at 1bar. as far as i know the lambda is the original and has now covered 96k.

Old 26 March 2007, 09:01 PM
Plums!
Scooby Regular

Which AFR gauge do you have? I'm pretty sure that my white wire was hooked upto my lambda sensor?

Maybe check your instructions again?

Plums.
Old 26 March 2007, 09:56 PM
lightwave693
Scooby Regular

the gauge is a swoosh one. not an led type but a swing-o-meter. the lambda is a 3 wire, 2 whites and one black. seems to be wired correct due to the jumping about off boost.

thanks for the reply
Old 26 March 2007, 09:57 PM
lightwave693
Scooby Regular

green is the signal on the gauge and wired to the black on the lambda.
Old 27 March 2007, 08:32 AM
jimbo54
Scooby Regular

l would recheck all your connections particularly earth, sounds like all your readings are backwards 20 on my gauge shows when l lift off the throttle,an every day volt meter wont be any good unless it can read less than 1 volt. From 0.5 to 0.9 check out the link, there is a section explaining AFR readings.

http://static.summitracing.com/globa...s/atm-4375.pdf