Notices

Help

Search this Thread

Old 22 March 2007, 07:55 PM
don81
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help

Hi a friend of mine has just got himself a fresh wrx import as far as i know they have a limiter fitted to 112mph. is this wright? when he drives it in first and second it revs right up but in 3rd 4th n 5th it wont go over 4.5 revs. is this the limiter stopping this or is it some thing else thats corsing it?
Thank you
Old 22 March 2007, 09:16 PM
wrxsti280
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

it's defo not the limiter matey, that allows revs to rise to the top in any gear it is only top speed that it limits not revs.

it sounds a bit strange that one, normally if there is something wrong with the car and it throws the check engine light on, then depending on wether it is serious or not the ecu limits th car to 4000 rpm they call it safe mode just to get you home and try to protect the car, but 4.5rpm in only 3, 4, 5th gears, i have no idea, sorry hope you get it sorted soon.
Old 22 March 2007, 09:47 PM
myblackwrx
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like limp home mode what does it boost to?
If it's only 0.5bar then it is the limp mode.
Depending on what year it is check Scoobypedia | Trusted knowledge for everything Subaru | Scoobypedia browse for checking any fault codes and resetting the ecu (if it's an early import disconnecting the battery for ½ hour seems to work did for my 93 wrx anyway)