Notices

Is this Overfilled problems?

Search this Thread

Old 12 March 2007, 03:59 PM
Jimmya85
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this Overfilled problems?

When I bought my RA -1996 from Uk, it was recently served.

Next day, after I putted it in the garage, (after 700 miles trip), the car started to strugglering on acceleration. Not any hesitating, it revs up but after 4000 the turbo didnt kick in the back, and a great loss of power. I thought this was the ECU that took time to learn, becouse the battery was dead every morning I tested the car (3-4 times before it should stay in the garage until spring), and after 35 minutes driving it sometimes pulled away good.

When I looked at the oil stick it was much over the max level, this I havent seen before.

Today, when I put the car on trailer, and drove it to my fathers workshop for oil/plug change, and several things for the MOT, I noticed that it was a oil leak on the middle of the intercooler? Can the overfilled oil maybe sealed the FMIC and the boost soloid, can this result in loss of power that I have?

The strange is, that even if the car doesnt pull at all like it should, the boostgauge say that it boost 12.5 psi like it should

Thank you very much for helping me and sry for the bad english :=)

Update!
A little update. My father drove the car today from home to the car repair shop. He also noticed the lack of power. And he also noticed the dump valve wasnt that load that it used to be. Is this also a result of the other problems?
Old 12 March 2007, 04:15 PM
WRXMATT
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure if this helps and i am no expert but i just had to clean out my boost solenoid due to over boosting so did some research first. I read that if over filled oil can get into the boost solenoid. Its easy to clean if so, and the pipes too. Just do a search on here.
Another thing is that if the ECU goes into limp home mode (i think) the car won't go above 4000 revs, to avoid damage. So maybe thats happened.

Hope it helps
Matt