Notices

Missing U Bracket - Prodrive mudflaps

Search this Thread

Old 03 March 2007, 11:21 PM
Mike Murphy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing U Bracket - Prodrive mudflaps

Can't believe it, was fitting the mudflaps to the rear of the car (newage) and had all fittings on the ground, turned round and the the U bracket has disappeared!! Hunted everywhere and cannot find it! Spoke to prodrive and they said I would have to buy a set of mudflaps to get the bracket!!!!!!

I thought of making my own but don't have any stainless steel, only mild and I don't want it to rust. Anyone know where I might be able to get one or is it a matter of phoning all the breakers to see if they are breaking a scooby with mudflaps fitted (long shot).

Mike
Old 04 March 2007, 08:58 AM
funkyspider
Scooby Regular

Make your own in mild and paint it with hammerite after drilling to make sure any exposed bits are covered. I doubt it will rust too quickly as the underside of the car isn't stainless and that resists it with protection. Use plastic washers either side of the bolts to make sure they dont chip into the paint and to make sure the metals don't react.
Old 05 March 2007, 02:36 PM
klunker
Scooby Regular

The brackets haven't stuck together and you've fitted them both on one side, or fitted one on either side of the mudflap?

Take the one you have to any metal fabricators and ask them to make you one up in stainless. Take a case of beer and you'll be warmly welcomed.