Notices

smoaaaakin

Search this Thread

Old 22 February 2007, 11:56 PM
Minjeeta
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default smoaaaakin

C'mon, am a big boy, ye can tell me......Overtakin yesterday, the power died (instantly checked fuel gauge, that kind of powerloss where somethings not gettin fed to the engine) pulled over and popped bonnet. Engine seemed a bit hot for me, so checked coolant, then yipes, the oil. Wasn't much in there, last topped and checked Sunday. Car had maybe been had misfiring past few days - put it down to a dirty plug and ordered a new set.
Anyway, went back to the car today and filled oil. Started car an the whole street vanished in plooms of white reek.
Is it a new head job or whats the verdict?
Old 23 February 2007, 12:30 AM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

do the basic checks.. is their white residue under the oil filler cap.. look in the coolant is there signs of oil? If theres clouds of white smoke the coolant must be going down. It doesn't mean the headgaskets definatly gone.. it could be the turbo but to be honest its probably more likely to be the head gasket.
Others will advise better but if you stopped straight away it should hopefully be a case of a strip down and new headgaskets. The heads may have remained undamaged (if it is the headgaskets). Also it will be an engine out job too...
Old 23 February 2007, 12:41 AM
Minjeeta
Scooby Regular

na no white residue under the cap Rossi. Pardon for bein ignorant, A wee bit ago an intercooler pipe come off an there was abit oily water kickin about in there. should I shut up? no been through the turbocharged engines for dummies course yet.