Notices

Interior Squeak Arghhhh !

Search this Thread

Old 26 January 2007, 10:20 AM
ClintUK
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Interior Squeak Arghhhh !

I know this is a long shot but if you don't ask.....

I have a really annoying sqeak on my 97 Classic. OK it's got 122K on it but this is a very unlike Subaru noise and I need it to go away.

Sounds to me as if it's coming from behind the central consol, but could be under the steering column and my girlfriend thinks it coming from driver seat !!

High pitch squeak, lasts for about 1/4 of a second and brought on intermitantly by road bumps. So far have not been able to bring it on myself by hanging on different parts of trim, wheel, stereo etc...

2 days ago it just got louder

Arghhhh
Old 26 January 2007, 11:17 AM
tsl202
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ClintUK
I know this is a long shot but if you don't ask.....

I have a really annoying sqeak on my 97 Classic. OK it's got 122K on it but this is a very unlike Subaru noise and I need it to go away.

Sounds to me as if it's coming from behind the central consol, but could be under the steering column and my girlfriend thinks it coming from driver seat !!

High pitch squeak, lasts for about 1/4 of a second and brought on intermitantly by road bumps. So far have not been able to bring it on myself by hanging on different parts of trim, wheel, stereo etc...

2 days ago it just got louder

Arghhhh
is it a metallic sound coming allways as you drive on bumps, holes, etc...? is yes it could be possible that the front upper dampers bolts' are unscrewed! i've had this on my car about 2 weeks ago and impossible to know from where the sound came! finally my local garage found that the sound came out from the front right damper!
maybe is not that but try!
hope this help