Notices

What parts are the same (95/02)?

Search this Thread

Old 21 January 2007, 09:36 PM
Bajimer
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question What parts are the same (95/02)?

Hey--

I have a 95 Impreza 1.8l that is not worth fixing (bad tranny, clutch, and has 215K miles, not to mention a pretty nasty interior), and I also have a 2002 Impreza WRX. I know that there are a lot of improvements and differences in the two models, but I would like to know if anyone has any information on what parts (if any) are interchangeable between the two autos. I am capable of making sure the parts are good, and I am also capable of re-wiring plugs and harnesses, in case the specs are the same, but with a different plug.

I would just like to have some parts to use in the WRX, especially to modify for upgrading (it's handy to not have to buy new parts). Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Old 22 January 2007, 01:05 AM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

nothing i doubt.....

how much do u want for the 95?

another project me thinks
Old 22 January 2007, 02:20 AM
Bajimer
Scooby Newbie

Post How much do I want?

Yeah I figured that there wouldn't be much, but it couldn't hurt to ask. I wanted to make an Ice racer out of it, but it would just have to sit until next year, as the weather has not been very conducive to ice racing this year....

I would be willing to entertain any offers, but it would have to be just west of Portland, Maine. It could be driven back to a home if you desire, the engine is strong (doesn't burn oil or stutter, it looks to have been well taken care of previously), but long distances are highly not recommended, as the clutch is really gone, and would probably fail on the highway or a long journey. Warning: this car needs a new transmission and clutch, along with a few other problems. I do admit, it would make a great project car! I just don't have the space or a garage to work on it....

Thanks for any more help....
Old 22 January 2007, 08:18 PM
wrx-kris
Scooby Regular

is portland in usa?

lol i am manchester uk