Notices

Ecutek problem question

Search this Thread

Old 15 January 2007, 12:37 PM
SineSTI
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ecutek problem question

Are there good and bad Ecutek dealers or I can beleive everyone of them and give them my car with trust? Did anybody had some problems with car after Ecutek remap or everything is just working fine? There is only one dealer in Croatia (from where I am) and I just don't know if he can make some mistake or everything is just a simple job for him. Maybe dumb question but... Thanks
Old 15 January 2007, 01:14 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by SineSTI
Are there good and bad Ecutek dealers or I can beleive everyone of them and give them my car with trust? Did anybody had some problems with car after Ecutek remap or everything is just working fine? There is only one dealer in Croatia (from where I am) and I just don't know if he can make some mistake or everything is just a simple job for him. Maybe dumb question but... Thanks
In short an Ecutek dealer just means that they are authorised to use Ecutek software to remap cars, it does not imply any endorsement of the mappers skill in using the software. The software is just a tool (does nothing by itself), it is the mapper's skill that makes all the difference. The only way you'll get a feel for that is by asking for recommendations/references from people who've had their car mapped by the dealer. I doubt anyone on this BBS will have experience of the dealer of which you speak, as the VAST majority on here are UK based.

Ns04
Old 15 January 2007, 01:54 PM
SineSTI
Scooby Regular

Thanks! I know that but here is not too much Scoobys and my only mod experience is from this forum. Maybe PPP is beter solution for me.
Old 17 January 2007, 10:47 AM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by SineSTI
Thanks! I know that but here is not too much Scoobys and my only mod experience is from this forum. Maybe PPP is beter solution for me.
Under the circumstances, i'd agree.

ns04
Old 17 January 2007, 12:10 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

if the mapper runs a proper setup and has insurance etc then why not give it a try. If you are only after moderate gains then maybe the PPP is the way to go as you will retain your warranty