Notices

CLASSIC 1997 INDUCTION KIT HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 03 January 2007, 04:11 PM
scoobywrxestate
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CLASSIC 1997 INDUCTION KIT HELP!!

PLEASE COULD U LOT HELP ME BY POSTING UP UR CLASSIC IMPREZA INDUCTION KIT INSTALLS!!! SO I CAN SEE HOW TO FIT MINE!!
Old 03 January 2007, 04:17 PM
EmEm
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobywrxestate
PLEASE COULD U LOT HELP ME BY POSTING UP UR CLASSIC IMPREZA INDUCTION KIT INSTALLS!!! SO I CAN SEE HOW TO FIT MINE!!
I've got a '98, and I could be completely wrong , but I was advised to get rid of my induction kit and put the original on with Green Cotton filter. Apparantly the engine etc it "programmed" to work on cold air, which the old induction sucks in due to the hose, but the "K&N's" etc would suck in hot air as its in the actual engine bay.
Would I be right in saying this, or am I just being a girly trying to be clever and impress the men on here ???
Old 03 January 2007, 04:28 PM
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EmEm
I've got a '98, and I could be completely wrong , but I was advised to get rid of my induction kit and put the original on with Green Cotton filter. Apparantly the engine etc it "programmed" to work on cold air, which the old induction sucks in due to the hose, but the "K&N's" etc would suck in hot air as its in the actual engine bay.
Would I be right in saying this, or am I just being a girly trying to be clever and impress the men on here ???
probebly right in what your saying.but if he wants the induction kit he can always fit a bonnet scoop that side,will get loads of cool air then
Old 03 January 2007, 04:39 PM
Multijfj
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by EmEm

Technically you are correct, but its not quite as dramatic as that! You wont notice much, if any difference from fitting an induction kit, they are not worth it. Just reading the "Newage Modifications" thing at the top of this website prooves that really, its much more effective to just replace the panel filter you have with a high air-flow version, such as a K&N or green cotton!

Or if you did have your heart set on one, get an enclosed induction kit, such as a K&N Tyhpoon, or bad pipercross Viper kit, etc. They are enclosed so you get a lot colder air going into them.
Old 03 January 2007, 05:05 PM
scoobydoo4u
Scooby Regular

unfortunately u have no choice when u want to fit a FMIC ......... i would go for the apexi power intake witha cold air feed ....... steer clear of oil based filters and go for something like a blitz or hks