Clutch problems !!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01 January 2007, 07:57 PM
PADDYHOEY
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch problems !!!!!

hi guys, i am a mechanic, and own my garage. i am very experienced
but am having trouble with my own car!! all was fine till i my cluch started slipping, so natuarlly i fitted a new one, from the flying clutchman, he said it was a geniune item, " it did have the fuji industries " logo on it. this is when the trouble started, put it all back together, started it up and went for a road test, on my way back to the garage, the release bearing collapsed . so rang him up ranting, got a replacement item, fitted it but there was so much judder, my diff was banging!!! rang him again, got yet another clutch, same make, but this time before fitting, i had my flywheel skimmed as the latter clutch had put some burn marks on it. again put all back together again. seemed mint !! couple of days later, my pedal started to stick down . gettin sick of it now, did some investigating, bled up hydraulics, no change, so fitted a new slave and master cylinder, still the same???? now i am going to put another one in at weekend, i am going to try a different make, more than likely an uprated item. does anyone have any suggestions, to try to sort this, i have fitted 1000's of clutches a load of them on scoobys, never had this problem. by the way the car is a 98 terzo. uk model. regards paddy.
Old 01 January 2007, 08:16 PM
Scooby Senior

Is the return spring fitted to the clutch arm?
and I take it you bled the slave cyl whilst it wasn't fitted?

Adam
Old 01 January 2007, 08:18 PM
PADDYHOEY
Scooby Regular

hi, adam. the spring is fitted, i even fitted a "beefyer" spring. as for bleeding i did it in situe. using a mityvac, bleeding system. thanks for the response.