Notices

Brakes low or something else?

Search this Thread

Old 23 December 2006, 11:14 AM
AdamCrank
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Brakes low or something else?

Morning all, ive finally decided the noise is getting on my nerves and needs sorting out.

Sometimes, not all the time, i get a ticking noise coming from my front drivers side wheel area - similar to you having a stone stuck in the tyre. Ive removed all the stones and it still occasionally makes the noise.

The noise doesnt speed up when you accellerate like would happen if something was catching.

Yesterday i was out driving and my brakes started to squeel whenever i was coming to a stop - it was a really loud squeel that would obviously stop when the car stopped. Even when the car was barely moving you could hear the brake noise.

Sometimes you could hear the squeeling noise whilst just driving normally as if something was rubbing or binding together which was rather worrying.

Now i had my car at the garage a few months ago for its "winter checkup" and the mechanic said the brakes were fine. Is it possible that what is fine for a normal car isnt fine for a scooby - or have i just got crap brakes that have worn out and need replacing?

Are both noises relating to the same thing i.e brakes low, change now?

Im thinking that if i get any money for chrimbo ill get some new front disks and pads - EBC disks look reasonably priced.

Thanks

Adam
Old 23 December 2006, 11:20 AM
Brun
Scooby Senior

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sounds to me like the brake pad is low. Some pads come with a wear warning thingy which squeals.