Basic mods to a 05 JDM Sti

Search this Thread

Old 16 December 2006, 10:55 PM
DCD
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Basic mods to a 05 JDM Sti

Hi guys first post !
I've got a 05 JDM spec Sti. I'm thinking of doing a few basic things to it. I have heard that they respond well to an exhaust especially the downpipe and a boost controller to hold the boost through the upper rev ranges.

So I was thinking for first steps to get maybe a EVC-4 for a boost controller (can get a good deal on this at the moment) and then a downpipe and exhaust. However in New Zealand we have quite strict exhaust noise laws, so I want to make sure that any exhaust mods I do aren't going to make the car too loud.

Does anyone here have a JDM V10 and have done any mods to it? Since I'm in NZ I can only really get JDM parts. I would like some recommendations for exhaust and downpipe mods. I hear Tomei do nice downpipes, and Apexi do a nice exhaust that isn't too loud. I guess if I was going to do a cat back and the downpipe then I might as well drop the cat as well? Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Old 16 December 2006, 11:12 PM
bpm1588
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hi there,best to start of finding a good exhaust and someone who can map your ecu.by doing this you can alter boost,fueling and ignition advance etc and have the car running to its full potential.....by adding just a boost controler you run the chance of the car running lean,you don't want to be replacing your engine just yet im sure