Notices

new sti owner please help

Search this Thread

Old 11 December 2006, 11:30 PM
sti six
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new sti owner please help

hi can someone please help got an sti 6 about 2 months ago and blew the engin up on the way home gettin a bit speed happy on motorway anyway engine was rebuilt fully under waranty. snce i got it back been drivin it slow not using turbo now done over 1000 miles and done oil change and oil is half way between min and max using 10-60w and twice now when accelarating in turbo the engine has cut and lost boost and accelaration for a few seconds after i take the foot off when this happens then i have driven it slow for a couple of days i start to pic it up again can anyone please help and tell me whats wrong and that is nothing major ????
Old 12 December 2006, 11:57 AM
Lebarron
Scooby Regular

Doesn't sound like anything major. I would check all of the pipework from your turbo and actuator to your boost solenoid and make sure all of the pipes are on correctly and they don't have any splits in them.

It sounds to me like it is overboosting and hitting fuel cut.
Old 12 December 2006, 08:03 PM
KenS55STI
Scooby Regular

Did you find the cause of the engine failure ? Whatever it was needs rectifying or the new engine may go the same way.

Also, it is worth spending £70 or so on a new air flow meter on that model year as they can fail causing lean running resulting in detonation and engine failure.