Notices

PPP or exhaust & remap.

Search this Thread

Old 07 December 2006, 02:02 PM
johnnyg
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PPP or exhaust & remap.

Got a couple of upgrade options to my06 wrx and don't know which way to go.

Fit ppp....but it will invalidate warranty as it's a euro import.

Or fit a second hand prodrive exhaust (sports cat,centre decat and rear box) for now, and have it remapped when it's out of warranty.

Option 2 would be cheaper but I guess I wouldn't see any bhp gains by simply fitting the exhaust, although it would sound better.

What do you reckon ?....any advice appreciated.
Old 07 December 2006, 02:22 PM
JohnD
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

With a good exhaust (inc. sport cat)- and it doesn't need to be loud! - and a re-map by a respected mapper, you will see better gains than with a PPP The PPP map is a "one fits all" and must therefore be reletively conservative. A map for YOUR car will take advantage of the characteristics of your engine. Make sure it's well run-in before it's mapped as it's characteristics may change as it loosens up.
JohnD
Old 08 December 2006, 12:36 AM
bazdev
Scooby Newbie

How will the PPP will invalidate the warranty just because it is a euro import?

I have a euro import too that is covered by a three year UK warranty which recognises the PPP as a genuine Subaru modification.

By law they have to honour the warranty as the car is bought within an EU state especially as this is a genuine accessory that Subaru sell from their dealers.
Old 08 December 2006, 08:35 AM
johnnyg
Scooby Regular

bazdev....

I contacted subaru cyprus to check out the warranty and received a fax back stating that fitting ppp would invalidate warranty as subaru cyprus don't have any agreement with prodrive....where is your car sourced from ?
Old 08 December 2006, 11:09 AM
bazdev
Scooby Newbie

Hello there,

Mine is also sourced from Cyprus (Bought from allbrandsnew.com) but my Subaru dealer said it would not invalidate the warranty.

There is some confusion here then? I am glad you have brought it to my attention because I am about to buy the PPP myself.

Going to have to investigate this myself although I do believe you about what Subaru Cyprus said.

It is absolutely crazy though, as it is the same car with a Subaru UK approved performance pack, which is serviced by a UK dealer and will also be worked on by the same dealer if any warranty issues crop up!

If it is the case I might as well go for the Power Station 290 BHP pack!

Cheers.

Bazza
Old 08 December 2006, 03:02 PM
WRXTek
Scooby Regular

I think your better option is the second. get a second hand free flowing exhaust and get the car tuned by a pro. and you will see better numbers than with the PPP
Old 08 December 2006, 03:23 PM
davedipster
Scooby Senior

Originally Posted by bazdev
Hello there,

Mine is also sourced from Cyprus (Bought from allbrandsnew.com) but my Subaru dealer said it would not invalidate the warranty.

There is some confusion here then? I am glad you have brought it to my attention because I am about to buy the PPP myself.

Going to have to investigate this myself although I do believe you about what Subaru Cyprus said.

It is absolutely crazy though, as it is the same car with a Subaru UK approved performance pack, which is serviced by a UK dealer and will also be worked on by the same dealer if any warranty issues crop up!

If it is the case I might as well go for the Power Station 290 BHP pack!

Cheers.

Bazza
You are forgetting that the 'supplying' dealer MUST authorise any warranty work, that would be your Cyprus dealer then.
So neither ppp or a remap will retain the manufactures warranty, it's your choice then.

dipster