Notices

Exhaust clearance question...?

Search this Thread

Old 12 November 2006, 10:10 PM
Imprezive
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Exhaust clearance question...?

Hi all, whats your opinions / thoughts??

My m8 fitted my ninja rear box a week or so ago to ma scoob, sounded good but has developed a 'blow' where the back box meets the centre pipe. Today i have removed the box to clean up bits of the old gasket which mysteriously got left on the middle section. A little dum dum on either side of the new gasket, fired it all back to gether and still blew a little. I slackend it all again but this time, pushed centre section up with ma knee, straightend it all up so flanges looked symetrical, tighten all up to F/T. NO blow now, however pipe from centre section to box itself is only aroun 1/2 - 3/4" away from drive shaft and rubber boot.

Is this gona be a problem, is heat from exhaust gona toast the rubber boot when stationary??? I don't think it will be a problem when the cars moving, but what do you all reckon? Should i take it all of again and try to mate the two sections up before fitting to the hangers.

Thanks in advance people.

B
Old 17 November 2006, 12:58 AM
Imprezive
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No one know how much clearance they have then?, surely someone has recently been under their motor and noticed this. Any advice would be greatly appreciated people. If possible, pics would be superb if poss.

Thanks again guys/gals.
B
Old 17 November 2006, 10:30 AM
Jolly Green Monster
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As long as it cannot get nearer when going over a bump then you should be okay..

My front cv boot is with 1cm of a hot wastegate and not had issue from heat.. yet..

Simon