Notices

finally my babys back...

Search this Thread

Old 01 October 2006, 02:50 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default finally my babys back...

question about superchips , My engine has just had a full rebuild ,main and big end bearings , forged pistons ,oil pump ,water pump etc , the problem is i forgot to ask the garage to take out the super chip which is installed in my car with a bleed valve , am i right in thinking the superchip wont cause damage to my engine whilst im running it in for the next 1000 miles as i wont be taking revs past 3500 rpm , because doesnt it just raise the fuel cut for more performance ? when i take it back to the garage in 1000 miles i am gona ask him to take it out, then i,l be thinking of getting the car mapped , what will i need and what is the rough cost of a map ,bearing in mind i only have a z4 ecu. in the car .. would i have to replace the ecu with a mappable type . and roughly what would be the power gain of a mappable ecu , bearing in mind the car is a 260 hp version running full decat , uprated filter ,d valve (which i hate ),
And can anyone tell me why alot of people are against import scoobs , as in my eyes the only bad thing is the ecu , not being mapped to uk fuel , everything else is alot better , ie electric folding mirrors , sunroof ,air con , colour coded , and several other points , ,anyone ?. or is it just a sterotype thing.ie one person says it and everyone follows suite.cheers
Old 01 October 2006, 05:59 PM
RedScoob
Scooby Regular

I think that the main reason that people are against imports is because of the lack of service history that comes with them. Also, in the last 5 years, the UK market has been flooded with examples from Japan, which has brought the resale value of imports and UK cars right down.
I'm with you though. Nowt wrong with a good import or a good UK car.
With your remap, yes, you'll need a new ECU - or at least a piggyback chip.
Old 01 October 2006, 06:16 PM
Dav 27
Scooby Regular

Default as above

cheers red scoob ,