PE650 Injector Fitting

Search this Thread

Old 30 September 2006, 05:15 PM
Hol
Scooby Senior
Support Scoobynet!

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Default PE650 Injector Fitting

I have just finished fitting some PE650's to my MY03 JDM STI using the following webpage as a guide and wanted to share my thoughts for those following me.

http://www.turboxs.com/faq/stage4.htm

The bit in the guide suggesting that you unplug the green connector was spot on.
But, you you do not need to expose the ECU, only remove the side kick panel in the passenger footwell. The plugs are up on the left.

Green Covers???
The guide refers to green covers. Could I see any green covers?
NO!, on the JDM you have sturdy Metal sheilds not unlike a heat sheild that you need to undo.

Don't try removing the passenger one when it is loose, just move forward and round the corner towards the Aircon unit.

The drivers does come out after a bit of 'to-and-frowing'. The problem with this side is the bold at the back, which is tight to the Turbo housing. Such a git in fact, that I never bother putting it back in.

Are these injectors Right?
Oh c**p!, I have the wrong injectors was my first thought, when I took the first pink out.

The tops look the same dimension, but the bottom maprt of the PE is about 10mm longer? So initillay you wonder how the wil fit.

In reality they actually fit the profile of the hole better than the originals which rely on a 4mm wide rubber washer on the botton to seal properly. The PE's have a snug o'ring round the body instead.

All four of the 4mm wide rubber washers stayed in the holes, so I used my trusty jumbo paper clip, bent into a hook to retreive them. One of the best improvised tools in my garage that!

Pretty much everthying else is as per the guide apart from the following:
  • You need to lubricate the o rings quite well
  • The plugs have to be slightly off centre for the fuel rails to line up on them.
If I were doing it again?
I would take the entire inlet off so I could undo ebverything easily and also fit heat resistent spacer whilst I was at it.

Last edited by Hol; 30 September 2006 at 05:18 PM.