Notices

HELP , cel light plus lowish boost ?????

Search this Thread

Old 25 September 2006, 09:16 PM
SNAP-ON
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP , cel light plus lowish boost ?????

I have a 94 uk wagon and last week on the way to work the engine check light came on for about 5 seconds then went out , and nothing since , the light came on when the temp gauge hit just under half way after about 2 miles of driving ! car seems to be running ok but have noticed the revs are sometimes 1000 - 1100 rpm on tick over, higher then normal , but not all the time mostly when the car is warm . now i fitted a boost gauge on sunday and done an ecu reset to see if any codes from previuos came up but nothing ! let the car learn etc then when driving hard the boost is only hitting 10-12 psi max ! so today cleaned boost solonoid and checked all pipes etc - all ok , then after driving about 2 mile with boost still only 10-12 psi the engine check light came on for 5 seconds and went out again ! same as last time came on with temp half way . done another reset and again no codes came up - ANY IDEAS ?? also the revs are higher then normal again and take ages to settle back to normal about 800rpm usualy , car has td05 as standard , chipped ecu , hks induction kit , tsl center decat , tsl back box and arc dump valve so i would geuss i should be getting more then 10-12psi ?? car is running optimax
Old 26 September 2006, 02:57 PM
dbuxs
Scooby Regular

is the car a bit jumpy at idle, idling up and down, might have something to do with the MAF, mine was on the way out but it didn't show up an error code
Old 26 September 2006, 08:21 PM
SNAP-ON
Scooby Regular

Default CEL LIGHT

Yes revs do sometimes jump up and down on tick over almost like an air leak but doesnt do it all the time . seems to be using more fuel then normal too !!
Old 26 September 2006, 08:50 PM
Evilc
Scooby Newbie

don't want to confuse the mix but i had something similar. In as much as bad fuel consumption and the cel coming on for approx 5 secs when engine was just coming up to normal warm. I had a cel code which indicated knock sensor, have replaced it (pain in the **** job) and now all is well. In fact I think it must have been going for a while as car pulls a lot better now. Or is that just that I've started using v-power now - ?
Old 30 September 2006, 11:06 PM
SNAP-ON
Scooby Regular

Default any more ideas?

Any more ideas ? the boost in 1 2 3 hits 10-12 psi max and in 4 hits 14 psi max , is this normal or the way my ecu has been chipped? also the idle is still up and down and today was sittin at 1100rpm at tickover at lights when warm ! no more cel light coming on though and doesnt always rev up and down on tickover . can i whack the boost up a bit with a bleed valve or not a good idea ?