Search this Thread

Old 14 August 2006, 07:53 PM
FISHBOY
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Your thoughts please...

Bonjour,

As you can probably tell this is my first post on here so please be gentle

I have just bought a 55 plate WRX SportsWagon with the PPP kit already fitted to her and am basically just looking for some opinions on some products I have earmarked.

I am looking originally at the choice between a panel filter (eg green) and a full on induction system. As I previously owned a 240bhp leon cupra I am all to aware of delicate MAF problems, and wondered if it was such a serious issue was had with the scoobies. Judging by the number of pictures of them on here I would say that it is of no major concern - (but I would like to check). Has any one kit been rated as the best kit on the market for a new age scooby and what type of increase would I expect?

My second question is with regards to a dump valve. I want something subtle but effective that wont alter the running or set up of the engine. Previously I have used a Forge resirc with great results . Is this the one to consider for the scooby?

My third question for the moment is - roughly how much power would a turbo down pipe and sports CAT to mate with the existing Prodrive sysytem give to PPP WRX - and would it need to be remapped?

Cheers for taking the time to read my drivel - as you can probably tell - im itching to get started!!! :

PS - are there any common problems with a new age that I should be aware of?