Notices

Mines ecu help

Search this Thread

Old 08 August 2006, 09:19 PM
Gttboy
Scooby Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mines ecu help

Just got myself a 96 wrx import & it's running a Mines ecu,as its just in from Japan i take it that it will need re-mapping,does anyone know where i can get this done?

Also what sort of boost/power(running 0.8 bar now) will the 260bhp import take/go up to without blowing up?
Also got a fully de-catted system,& was wondering wether to put on an air filter or just replace the element.

Cheers
Steve
Old 08 August 2006, 09:42 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

I'm not sure the Mine's ECU is mappable to be honest - and I doubt if it is there would be anyone over here who could map it. I may be wrong.

If I were you I would simply run the car on super unleaded mixed with octane booster and leave it at that.

Your best bet induction wise is to replace the element for a performance one - induction kits are generally a waste of money as they aren't required unless you're heading for big power figures and you may actually lose power with one on.
Old 08 August 2006, 09:56 PM
Gttboy
Scooby Newbie

Originally Posted by briforbes
I'm not sure the Mine's ECU is mappable to be honest - and I doubt if it is there would be anyone over here who could map it. I may be wrong.

If I were you I would simply run the car on super unleaded mixed with octane booster and leave it at that.

Your best bet induction wise is to replace the element for a performance one - induction kits are generally a waste of money as they aren't required unless you're heading for big power figures and you may actually lose power with one on.
Thanks will get a perf panel filter then as im planning on running 1 bar on the apexi,whats a good booster to use?? Is optimax or bp ultimate the best fuel to use??

Sorry for all the Q's.
Old 09 August 2006, 09:28 AM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

Optimax is better than BP - and if you can get it "Prolong" Octane booster works best for me. Nitrous Formula NF Race works well too.

When deciding on a filter replacement - try and get a dry type filter as opposed to the ones that come oiled - they can cause problems with the MAF sensor. I believe the Apexi and blitz panel filters are dry types.

Cheers,

Brian.
Old 09 August 2006, 11:50 AM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

if the search is working on here, Im sure the mines ecus are a very aggressive japanese map, so personally I would run it on the highest octane available tesco 99 ron or the new shell 102 octane (dont think this is widely available yet).

When you mention the apexi, do you mean the power fc? With that and a decat and a tdo5 turbo you will get close to 300bhp on uk fuel which will make for a very quick road car. People have been known to run standard internals (wrx) at 350 with relevant supporting mods.
Old 09 August 2006, 12:42 PM
briforbes
Scooby Regular

I think by "the apexi" he means a boost controller and not a power fc - otherwise I doubt he'd be asking about the mine's ecu. If I remember correctly, Andy at special scooby's runs a mines ecu on his 22b and don't think he has any problems on UK fuel.

It is quite an aggressively mapped ecu, but shouldn't be mapped for any more than 99-100 ron fuel. I'm sceptical about this "new" optimax as I called Shell who denied all knowledge of a mixture change and said there were no plans to change anything. I know some station owners have been telling people it's changed to a higher octane rating and users have reported that the car feels more responsive - but until I see proof - I'll be continuing to use booster.
Old 09 August 2006, 03:36 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by briforbes
It is quite an aggressively mapped ecu, but shouldn't be mapped for any more than 99-100 ron fuel. I'm sceptical about this "new" optimax as I called Shell who denied all knowledge of a mixture change and said there were no plans to change anything. I know some station owners have been telling people it's changed to a higher octane rating and users have reported that the car feels more responsive - but until I see proof - I'll be continuing to use booster.
yeah, still tesco 99 for me (even though my car is mapped for esso 97).