Notices

Modified Forester STI help

Search this Thread

Old 07 August 2006, 12:50 PM
MPC-GTR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modified Forester STI help

I've got a 2006 model Forester STI with Litchfield/powerstation remap and performance package giving 330bhp/330lbft torque. I am really after perhaps another 10% with those figures, and I wondered what other owners have done regarding performance modifications. I'm having a larger intercooler fitted next month but it's still a top mounter unit so I don't really expect much difference with that other than endurance. I was also thinking of getting the AST suspension package - but would like other owners opinions regarding the driving experience following this.

Basically can anyone recommend good worthwhile aftermarket modications for these excellent vehicles
Old 07 August 2006, 05:37 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think you are going to be pioneer to take it ay further. They are very rare cars and even rarer to be modded.
I'm looking to return back to the Forester club next year and was looking to moddify an STi.

Perhaps view it as a 2.5l Impreza STi and follow similar mods may be the way to go.
A small hike without major mods would be STi pink injectors and a s/hand VF35 combined with the larger IC?
This would just about make the extra 10% but its not much value for the money.
Taking things further then 570/600 cc injectors or a fuel pressure increase on STi pinks, in combination with a TD05 18g?

Nick
Old 08 August 2006, 01:48 PM
MPC-GTR
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK thanks.
I've come from skyline ownership, and consequently don't know so much about subaru modifications, I just wanted to make sure I'm not throwing 2 or 3 grand at something which doesn't yield a significant benefit. I'll take your advice and have a read through the impreza 2.5l modding threads and see if any are likely to apply to the Forester

Mark
Old 08 August 2006, 02:43 PM
Butty
Scooby Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Mark,
There is much more info on the STi on http://www.subaruforester.org/vbulletin/forums/

Nick