Notices

MY00 Classic exhaust help

Search this Thread

Old 29 July 2006, 03:03 AM
sharpydoo
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question MY00 Classic exhaust help

I plan on having my00 re-mapped shortly, ive already fitted a decat downpipe, but unsure which other pipes need changing to benefit before the re-map, i thought it was just the centre pipe i needed but after looking online i belive there maybe a up-pipe i need to change but im unsure if it will actually do anything as scoobyworlds discription reads

Stainless steel de-cat pipe to the Turbo, for Subaru Impreza

Used to remove the catalytic convertor on the New Age Impreza or for high performance replacement pipe on the classic shape.
do i really need this ????

im going to have a look under the car anyway tomorrow to get more of an idea before i order the pipe/s, but im fairly new to DIY stuff and hoped someone here could shed some light on which pipes i need and if the up-pipe is a waste of cash on a classic.

cheers.

Last edited by sharpydoo; 29 July 2006 at 03:14 AM.
Old 29 July 2006, 04:03 AM
scoobyDAZZA
Scooby Regular

you've only got the 2 cats on yours , downpipe and centre.
not really worth changing the up-pipe unless your changing the headers, then choose 1 like the gt-spec which comes with up-pipe
Old 29 July 2006, 07:46 AM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

speak to Harvey about one of his up pipes (option 2) and ported headers, you WILL notice a difference and they work really really well as all who have a set will testify, i have some on my MY99 and am chuffed to bits compared to standard also change the rest of your system for a 2.5 or 3" revolution system for some really good results, good price and not too loud either

Last edited by scoobysmiff; 29 July 2006 at 07:49 AM.
Old 29 July 2006, 12:08 PM
sharpydoo
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by scoobysmiff
speak to Harvey about one of his up pipes (option 2) and ported headers, you WILL notice a difference and they work really really well as all who have a set will testify, i have some on my MY99 and am chuffed to bits compared to standard also change the rest of your system for a 2.5 or 3" revolution system for some really good results, good price and not too loud either
when you say change the rest of my sytem for a 2.5 or 3" do you mean the up pipe aswell?
Old 30 July 2006, 09:36 AM
scoobysmiff
Scooby Regular

no mate, you dont want a to big diametre up pipe or you will lose some of the low down spool, Speak to harvey and he will explain all for you
Old 31 July 2006, 01:08 AM
sharpydoo
Scooby Regular

is Harveys a company or a user on here?

sorry if im been dumb
Old 31 July 2006, 08:07 AM
rigga
Scooby Regular

Harvey is a user..... does some ported headers and up pipes with some good feeedback on here off those who have used them,i have one f his ported wrapped uppipes in conjuction with ported headers,decat downpipe resonated center section and a miltek rear silencer on a my00 wrx,up pipe relacement was done when i changed the turbo as that bolts onto the up pipe,so unless your planing on fitting and removing it i wouldnt bother with it,could be a lot of hassel depending on the condition of the turbo nuts holding it on.... id just do a full decat and it will be a lot more responsive with the reduced back pressure in the system,turbo spool will be improved as a result,a remap would gain even more results.

Trending Topics

Old 31 July 2006, 01:14 PM
sharpydoo
Scooby Regular

ive already ordered the centre decat, and im booking in for a remap soon, what kind of bhp will a UK turbo 2000 produce with a full decat, afterburner vortex back box and remapped? id like to get it above 300bhp. are the headers a must to do this?
Old 31 July 2006, 02:51 PM
rigga
Scooby Regular

what turbo does the uk 2000 come with ? td04? if so then 300 might be out of your reach....... need to get another unit to get above that mark,changed mine to a td05 and no problems,there are other units that will do though vf28 vf34 to name but two..... headers not really a problem although a port job on the standard ones helps spool time