Lets Buzzzzzzzzzz

Search this Thread

Old 07 November 2001, 08:09 AM
Bakerman
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry

UK MY99 turbo
I can just about cope with the wind noise from the nearside wing mirror (even with loads of tape wrapped around it) but I can't cope with an extremely loud buzzing/vibration noise from behind the dashboard/around the front screen surround.

Get to 95mph, feet off all the pedals and let the car slow at its own pace and from around 90-70 there is this amazingly loud buzzing which drives me mad ! I can't pinpoint the source but I have even taped the front screen surround down to see if it is the surround but that made no difference.

Any ideas - if not, I may end up buying a Honda Civic Type R !
Old 07 November 2001, 09:33 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Ok a couple of things,

Have you tried opening the fuse box/pocket and see if that makes a difference?

Also try taking off the a-pllar surround, there are wires under there for the alarm sensor, the ariel and maybe some other bits and pices. Make sure they are all taped down!

I think people have suggested lubricating the rubber strip to allow the window the come up a touch more, just in case it's wind noise.

Might also be worth taking off the panel under underneath the steering shroud. There are lot's of wires and stuff under there, may sure nothing is vibrating on the plastic panels. Or it could be that panel itself!

Do you have an a-pillar pod? Maybe that is vibrating!

There's the surround around the stereo as well. That's prone to buzzing if you have done some stereo work on the car.

I hope this helps
Andy
Old 07 November 2001, 08:14 PM
Jim Dunleavy
Scooby Regular

Check the brake pipes in the engine compartment on the front bulkhead, they sometimes touch the metal and give sounds like the ones you're getting.
Old 08 November 2001, 07:30 AM
Bakerman
Scooby Regular

How do you take off the a-pillar surround - brute force ?

Thanks
Old 08 November 2001, 07:36 AM
Andy Tang
Scooby Regular

Exclamation

Pull if off from the 'jesus' handle, and work work your way down the a-pillar. There are clips all the way down, except right at the bottom, where it hooks into place (lift the up and towards you)

It's easier when you start doing it, rather than trying to describe it!

Cheers
Andy