Notices

i/c water spray not working!!

Search this Thread

Old 13 July 2006, 12:45 PM
stiginger
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default i/c water spray not working!!

hi i have a version 2 sti 555 what has had a dash change because old dash was discoloured. this was done by the old keeper but he said ever since he has changed the dash the ic water spray has not worked???? so iv had a fiddle round looking ofr loose plugs but cant find anythink loose but what i have noticed is if i press it in without the main lights on nothink happens but if i press it in with the main lights on thers a clicking noise coming from by the glove box now i think he has pluged it into the fog light plug but there isnt no other plug to plug the i/c into could i be right if so how would i be able to put this right?????
Old 13 July 2006, 06:45 PM
ticky
Scooby Senior

I would check two things first. 1 would be to remove the ic switch & check if the connector is plugged in. Then check if you still have the ic timer relay which is attached to the back of the lower dash trim panel. This panel is above the foot pedals. It possible this panel was changed along with dash & the ic relay was not transfered across???

I have got the sti v2 loom at home so if you need further help later contact me.

btw the clicking noise in the glove box should have nothing to do with the ic timer relay, well I hope not in your case.

Ticky
Old 13 July 2006, 07:22 PM
David_Harden
Scooby Regular

I was getting an intermittent I/C Waterspray error on my dash. Each time it came on and off I could hear a relay clicking in the vicinity of the glovebox.

The error light was caused because the water level in the waterspray tank dropping to a sensor which warns of low water level. Have you plenty of water in the tank?

I would suggest you undo the connector near the waterspray pump and connect the battery and check the pump is working. Then you can start worrying about the loom!

Also, check fuse number 4 in the fusebox near your right knee is not blown. This powers the waterspray circuit and the cigarette lighter. It's on the top row, 4th one from the left (it is numbered as well).

Let me know how you get on.

David
Old 14 July 2006, 10:46 AM
stiginger
Scooby Regular

Originally Posted by ticky
I would check two things first. 1 would be to remove the ic switch & check if the connector is plugged in. Then check if you still have the ic timer relay which is attached to the back of the lower dash trim panel. This panel is above the foot pedals. It possible this panel was changed along with dash & the ic relay was not transfered across???

I have got the sti v2 loom at home so if you need further help later contact me.

btw the clicking noise in the glove box should have nothing to do with the ic timer relay, well I hope not in your case.

Ticky
i have taken the lower panel off and there was no relay attached to it plus i only hear a clicking from the glove box when i press it with my main beams on also i have filled the bottle up with water so it ent that what else should i try? where would i get this ic relay that is missing??? thanks for all your help guys
Old 14 July 2006, 05:04 PM
David_Harden
Scooby Regular

I'd suggest calling Grade A Subaru. You'll get their contact details off the web. They're a very good 2nd parts dealer, although a bit pricey sometimes.