Exhaust recommendation.

Search this Thread

Old 12 July 2006, 03:22 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust recommendation.

Hello

Im looking for some knowledgable recommendations..... I wish to replace the standard kit on my Classic with a downpipe and centre section. As well as the catalytic converter, Im looking to do away with the resonator too. I dont need an excessive bore as I intend to keep either a Subaru rear section, or a relativley steady H&S one.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

I tired to get a quote for the manufacture of a one piece mandrel-bent front and centre section yesterday..... only to be quoted £350+ (for two seperate spurious quality parts) by a little ginger bollocks in a reception full of Max Power reading f*ckwits. exhaust manufacturer my ****!
Old 12 July 2006, 03:59 PM
trails
Scooby Regular

Received 55 Likes on 42 Posts

simon,

i run a h&s full 3" system with resonated centre section to keep the noise down...sounds good and hasn't got a silly (imho), japstyle exit. no problems at all even with lots of flames when driving hard on over-run. great value for money too

ian
Old 12 July 2006, 04:07 PM
jaytc2003
Scooby Regular

i have a standard bore tsl grp a decat downpipe, scoobyclinic unresonated centre section and a scoobyclinic jap style 4.5inch backbox (never understood what jap style means) it sounds good, very good (plenty of pops and bangs as well on the overrun)
Old 12 July 2006, 06:24 PM
GC8
Scooby Regular

Thanks for the suggestions so far. I want to keep the exhaust looking as standard as possible (for stealth; insurance isnt an issue); hence the UK STI backbox. Im looking to spend as little as possible too; a full HKS system would be nice but itll fall short of the cost, appearance and noise requirements...

Simon
Old 12 July 2006, 07:38 PM
wrxcar
Scooby Regular

rcms 3" open neck front pipe
revoultion center and rear is about one of the best value for money
Old 12 July 2006, 09:37 PM
Trap2Terrorist
Scooby Regular

I've gone for a mix 'n' match system by picking up good quality second hand parts from SN and eBay.

I've already fitted a 3.5" H&S back box, a Magnex straight through centre (no resonator) and I have a lagged TSL group A downpipe and H&S up pipe to go on soon.

All good quality parts and in very good condition - saved myself money at the same time.
Old 13 July 2006, 10:01 PM
scooby-k
Scooby Regular

I second what wrxcar says still has that sti look at the back as well.
ken

Trending Topics

Old 14 July 2006, 10:09 AM
RB5_245
Scooby Regular

If you're going to keep the STI backbox you'll want a 3" belmouth reducing to 2 1/2" where it meets the center section. Maker doesn't really matter for a non-resonated center as long as it is of good quality and mandrel bent. I personally would like in your situation to have a free flowing backbox with 3 or 3 1/2" rolled in round exhaust.

Side by side the prodrive one actually looks bigger than my magnex one.

I would say H&S may be your best bet for value
Old 14 July 2006, 12:20 PM
New_scooby_04

Originally Posted by GC8
Hello

Im looking for some knowledgable recommendations..... I wish to replace the standard kit on my Classic with a downpipe and centre section. As well as the catalytic converter, Im looking to do away with the resonator too. I dont need an excessive bore as I intend to keep either a Subaru rear section, or a relativley steady H&S one.

Thanks in advance.

Simon

I tired to get a quote for the manufacture of a one piece mandrel-bent front and centre section yesterday..... only to be quoted £350+ (for two seperate spurious quality parts) by a little ginger bollocks in a reception full of Max Power reading f*ckwits. exhaust manufacturer my ****!
Simon,

I have a 2.5 inch H&S system on mine. Sports cat DP (bellomouth 3 inch tapering down to 2.5 inches), Resonated decat centre section and original scooby design backbox (3.5 inch rolled tip exit), IMHO this is as loud as you want to go if volume is of a concern to you. Mine's just about perfect, it burbles and growls, and sounds classy, more about tone than volume! Turns heads, but doen't make people gesticulate or call you a to**er.

I'd keep the resonated centre section if I were you, loose it and the drone at motorway speeds gets a bit irksome after a while; I know, I had one!!

Ns04

Last edited by New_scooby_04; 14 July 2006 at 12:23 PM.