Notices

Central locking problem

Search this Thread

Old 29 June 2006, 02:49 PM
fieldy
Scooby Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central locking problem

ive got 1997 impreza wagon. if i use the clifford alarm remote. it arms but goes off within 3 seconds telling me a door is left ajar. all doors are closed (made sure). the interior light stays on also the door ajar light on my dash is on. the central locking works from the drivers door switch but i have noticed that the tail gate lock dosnt seem to diss-engage itself.is there a pin switch for the tail gate ?.as i cant seem to find one. sorry if ive rambled on, but in need of some help as im working nights . the car is being left in a moody part of portsmouth without the alarm being on. thanks for any help and advice given. (urgently needed)
Old 29 June 2006, 03:42 PM
rossi_classicwrx
Scooby Regular

if it was me i would test all the door switches are working properly. Maybe use a circuit tester on them. I have a saloon but i know i definatly have a sensor on my boot because if you open it with the alarm on.. it sounds the alarm. Have a good look all around the edges and see if you can find it. Sorry couldn't be more help
Old 29 June 2006, 03:51 PM
fieldy
Scooby Regular

thanks for the help mate. i think ive found the root of the problem. its something to do with the tail gate lock. there is some kind of pin switch intergrated in with the lock. its not registering when the door is closed. i think a bad conection is the problm, but dont know how to fix it (take lock out or buy new one) god, i sound thick as ****e!! advice anyone? on the lock and not me.
Old 01 July 2006, 02:57 PM
fieldy
Scooby Regular

right!!! found out what the problem was. the wires that come into the tail gate (on my wagon) from the actual car had broken up. in all , about 3 of them. so if you own a impreza wagon and use the tail gate quite often and your central locking starts pissing about or the alarm sets off all the time (door ajar) . it would be worth checking there first. just peel back the rubber shroud. HTH for future refference